Corsair Community

H100i V2 4 Fan Setup

ReflexAction

If I felt there would be a software issue I would not have suggested this.

I have no real idea what "software detect fans like this setup" means.

if i buy the item (that you show me) i should connect fans to motherboard CPU_FAN2 slot but corsair pump will connect CPU_FAN1,as you know we are connecting fans to pump header so with 4 fan setup software will detect these ?

I am starting to wonder if you need to use push-pull at all, why do you think this is needed?

1. Connect the splitter 1 x 4 Pin PWM Connector to the H100iV2 Y cable, the one with 4 pins, don't use the other
  2. Connect the 4 fans to the splitter 4 x 4 Pin PWM Headers
  3. Connect the splitter Molex to the PSU
  4. With 2 fans the H100iV2 only reports one fan speed and only one will be reported when 4 fans are connected by a splitter.
  5. All 4 fans need to be connected to the splitter so they all get the same PWM control signal.
  6. You need to use a powered splitter as the H100iV2 can only sensibly provide 0.8 Amps and 4 fans may use more than this.

I further suspect you should ask Google, see https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+use+a+powered+pwm+fan+splitter

I am starting to wonder if you need to use push-pull at all, why do you think this is needed?

1. Connect the splitter 1 x 4 Pin PWM Connector to the H100iV2 Y cable, the one with 4 pins, don't use the other
  2. Connect the 4 fans to the splitter 4 x 4 Pin PWM Headers
  3. Connect the splitter Molex to the PSU
  4. With 2 fans the H100iV2 only reports one fan speed and only one will be reported when 4 fans are connected by a splitter.
  5. All 4 fans need to be connected to the splitter so they all get the same PWM control signal.
  6. You need to use a powered splitter as the H100iV2 can only sensibly provide 0.8 Amps and 4 fans may use more than this.

I further suspect you should ask Google, see https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+use+a+powered+pwm+fan+splitter

thanks for the help i understand now i want to use push/pull because of im using my fans always %25 because of silent but some games temperatures rising to 60c so i thought if i place another 2 fans which is gonna spin at %25 i can improve my cooling right ?

i have an idea btw what if i buy splitter for 2 fans not need molex power and connect them to system fan slot,with BIOS i can fix them at %25 if i need more airflow i can use other 2 fans which is connected to corsair software.

Or i have a fan controller i can connect the fans there too (NZXT Sentry 3)

thanks for the help i understand now i want to use push/pull because of im using my fans always %25 because of silent but some games temperatures rising to 60c so i thought if i place another 2 fans which is gonna spin at %25 i can improve my cooling right ?

i have an idea btw what if i buy splitter for 2 fans not need molex power and connect them to system fan slot,with BIOS i can fix them at %25 if i need more airflow i can use other 2 fans which is connected to corsair software.

Sort of... the airflow is not cumulative between fans, but two fans working in unison are less affected by the resistance of the radiator. Your two stacked fans at 800 rpm will move more air through the radiator than a single fan at the same speed. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. The noise floor of 4 fans at low speed may be equal or louder than a single pair at a slightly higher speed. This is very fan/case specific and I can't tell you where the sweet spot might be. Push-pull offers the most benefits at lower speeds and decreasing returns as you increase the speed to higher levels. It appears you are looking for low speed operation, so that part is certainly a go. A lot of the rest, including connection requirements, will depend on what you are going to use for fans.

Sort of... the airflow is not cumulative between fans, but two fans working in unison are less affected by the resistance of the radiator. Your two stacked fans at 800 rpm will move more air through the radiator than a single fan at the same speed. However, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. The noise floor of 4 fans at low speed may be equal or louder than a single pair at a slightly higher speed. This is very fan/case specific and I can't tell you where the sweet spot might be. Push-pull offers the most benefits at lower speeds and decreasing returns as you increase the speed to higher levels. It appears you are looking for low speed operation, so that part is certainly a go. A lot of the rest, including connection requirements, will depend on what you are going to use for fans.

i found the solution i have a fan controller i will connect the other 2 fans to my connector so i can easily stop the other 2 fans while im not gaming question is which 2 fans i should connect bottom the radiator or top of the radiator ?

It doesn't really matter if you have fans on both sides. My preference would be to connect the lower "push" side to the H100i pump controller, although you could make a logical argument for either position. However, I wouldn't necessarily stop the other set completely, even when at the desktop. When completely stopped, that set of fans creates resistance to the other set. Technically they do when in motion as well, but that is offset by the effects of the moving blade. I think the trick here is to pick a fan that can run at relatively low RPMs and it somewhat quiet in the mid-range speeds, which would be the max you are looking for.

Archived