Corsair Community

Premium Keyboard deserves premium MX Cherry Switches... (Silent Switches)

SebastianH

I must admit I have fallen in love with the Corsair K70 Keyboard, I really like the alu frame and it feels like a premium product all around.

Unfortunately I am only able to get MX Cherry Silent Switches with the Corsair Strafe, which to me feels like a cheaper (plastic) version. Therefore not relevant for me...

I dont understand why Corsair would take a Premium Switch and only use it with a plastic keyboard.. It's some what frustrating that im either forced to buy a keyboard which I generally dont like or have to settle with some noiser switches. :mad:

Is there any possibility that you have a K70 RGB with Silent Switches in the pipeline and if so, is it soon to be released? :[pouts:

Because i generally think it is a suitable match, Premium Keys for a Premium Keyboard. :!:

• Corsair Employee

There is definitely a possibility that the silent switch may end up in the K series keyboard. If there is a strong demand for it, there will be a product.

Silent switch is a type of switch, but does not make it more premium than the other cherry switches.

• Corsair Employee
I have experienced that you have said "if there is a strong demand for it" multiple times now.. Could you please be more specific? It is not a matter of if - there IS a strong demand for it.

We constantly conduct market research to find out which keyboards are the better selling or trending ones. There are many people who requests for blue switches but when the product was created and released, sales is way behind red and brown switches.

Since I am not the PM, I can only tell you what they tell me. However, I do wish that there will be other variants. Perhaps special Holiday runs?

Archived