Corsair Community

Rampage V Edition 10 with 128gb corsair vengeance led ram

cyt

Will two sets of 64gb of corsair vengeance led ram kit (CMU64GX4M4C3000C15B) work on the rampage v edition 10 board with a i7-6900k CPU ? There is no single 128gb vengeance led series ram kit available but I could see some corsair images showing 8 dimms being populated with vengeance led ram sticks. Currently there is only 4x16gb led ram kit available. I have mixed two identical kits before without issue in the past but there is a lot of advice going around to avoid doing so and buy a fully-matched single set of memory kit. Have anyone manage two sets of 64gb led vengeance series kit on the rampage v 10 board to achieve 128gb ram capacity and get it to work without issue? I have opened a tech support ticket but receive no reply yet regarding my inquiry.

I suspect maybe, but Corsair really need to offer a 128GB kit with 8 matched DIMMs.

There may also be issues with controlling the LEDs as the IMC SMBus runs at 356 KHz and the LED controller does not seem to work at this speed. The Z170/Z270 PCH SMBus runs at 100 HKz and I needed to change the IMC SMBus speed to be able to read them, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874699

It's possible a later DIMM revision will work at 356/400 KHz, but I have not come across one that does.

There are several threads about issues with trying to control the LEDs

Thanks for your reply regarding the led control issue. G.Skill Trizent Z RGB LED DIMMs currently is available as 4x16gb (64gb) ram kit. I contacted their tech support and got the reply that they may probably release a 128gb rgb led kit in future. Hope corsair tech support reply to my inquiry ticket. The 64gb ram kit corsair led series is much cheaper than the G.Skill 64gb RGB Led series in my region though. I may probably just pull the trigger next week to get two sets of 64gb corsair led ram kit and see how that works out on the rampage v ed. 10 board.

I don't know... if you really need 128GB of memory, you may need to forgo some of flashier design aspects and make sure you have a dedicated single kit. Running 128GB at even moderate frequency is likely to be challenging. Adding in two mixed kits will increase the difficulty. If it means that much to you and you have return options, you can certainly give it a shot. However, odds are this is for professional work and trying to tighten down unstable memory may be far more of a problem for your uses.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for your reply regarding the led control issue. G.Skill Trizent Z RGB LED DIMMs currently is available as 4x16gb (64gb) ram kit. I contacted their tech support and got the reply that they may probably release a 128gb rgb led kit in future. Hope corsair tech support reply to my inquiry ticket. The 64gb ram kit corsair led series is much cheaper than the G.Skill 64gb RGB Led series in my region though. I may probably just pull the trigger next week to get two sets of 64gb corsair led ram kit and see how that works out on the rampage v ed. 10 board.

Did you ever get a response from Corsair? I'm getting the same motherboard and want to use the Corsair RGB Vengeance at 128gb too.

Archived