Corsair Community

Lights still flicker

RoundDuckMan

Does the PC CPU really even have anything to do with it?

I have mine plugged into a USB Hub... hmm...

I noticed my keyboard was flickering with I enabled complex color changes, but I just made the lighting simpler and working just fine... It's not a solution to the problem though, but I am not really into circus light shows anyway...

@Drv30

The first-gen K65/K70/K95 RGB would have the flicker issue. The newer keyboards shouldn't flicker due to a better lighting controller in them.

It's one of the newer LUX ones. I've been hearing of occasional flicker problems for some, and that it could depend on USB controller of PC.

Does the PC CPU really even have anything to do with it?

I have mine plugged into a USB Hub... hmm...

I noticed my keyboard was flickering with I enabled complex color changes, but I just made the lighting simpler and working just fine... It's not a solution to the problem though, but I am not really into circus light shows anyway...

More like USB controller, but the last CPU I tested it on with CUE (before testing on a school PC with i5-2400) was a low-tier AMD CPU. One day, i'll see if it works fine on a newer school computer (found a way to get CUE working ;), and it's Skylake [or Kaby?] ), since drivers and USB controller should be better.

It has nothing to do with the CPU. If your out of CPU power it would just stutter not flicker.

Check to make sure your motherboard doesn't have 3rd party USB controller chips.

I had it directly connected to a USB 3 port on the back, directly on the motherboard. It seems to be a standard custom prebuilt PC- but not the gaming kind.

But yes this has been aggravating me every time I try animations, let along the braided cable getting a bit damaged (why is it getting really fuzzy now!?), and the serial number stamp on the back getting easily wiped off. Why is all of this happening to me, it should work perfectly fine, it was $130 ($140 with taxes) for crying out loud! :(:

EDIT, also can't check logs- I don't have access to appdata on these PCs.

You will need to refer to your motherboard's user manual for more information.

If you are on a laptop (Based off your specs), Depending on the age, It may or may not have a third party USB chipset.

Well then, I might have more to worry about. If that's true, then why the flicker? Maybe one day I'll boot Windows on there, but that's where I first nboticed the flickering, under Linux. Thought it was just a problem with ckb until I tested it on some Windows PCs.

Hey guys, I got almost the same issue on my K70 Lux. When applying any dynamic light effect, some keys will occasionally flicker.

I've already replaced the keyboard with the new one, so I am not sure whether it is the keyboard or not.

Any ideas?

2017-02-17T14:19:49 I cue.dev: Buffer write failed, 1. request timed out for K70 LUX RGB

Can be found in the log file. USB Controller is Window's default Intel USB3.0 extension driver.

Archived