Corsair Community

Scimitar able to execute two repeating macros at once?

SMM

I just got a Scimitar Pro to try out and have a macro that is set to repeat while one of the side G keys is pressed. However, anytime I press another G key that has another repeating macro, the first repeating macro stops even though I have the key still pressed. Is this supposed to happen, or is there a way to have the initial repeating macro continue?

More info/in other words: I tested this by setting a macro to the G5 key that will repeat while the key is pressed. If I keep the G5 key pressed, the macro will repeat even if I hit another G key that has a single typing key assigned to it. However, even though I have the G5 key pressed, every time I press another G key that has a repeating macro assigned to it, the macro on the G5 key stops.

I need to be able to have the G5 macro continue even though I press another G key with a repeating macro attached to it. Is this possible?

Can anyone let me know if this is something that can be answered in this forum or should I go through Corsair support?

I got the Scimitar Pro to replace a Naga Chroma which could do more than one repeating macro at a time. I would think this is a necessary feature for macros on devices like this so I am surprised if the Scimitar can’t do it. It may be something I am overlooking, but I would like to know either way so I can know if I need to return it and get another Naga instead.

Yeah, there should be an option that says "interruptible" and you untick it.

Click some gears to the right and then checkmark 'execute uninterrupted'. Did you try that?

It is also possible that the game engine itself does not allow the two actions to happen simultaneously. you have to make sure this is actually allowed by the game.

Edited by Drv30

Thank you for the reply, but the "execute uninterrupted" option is only available if you select "On press," or "On release" for the action trigger. I have two different macros each with an action trigger of "While Pressed." It appears as though the CUE software is not capable of being able to execute two macros "while pressed" at the same time?

Thank you for the reply, but the "execute uninterrupted" option is only available if you select "On press," or "On release" for the action trigger. I have two different macros each with an action trigger of "While Pressed." It appears as though the CUE software is not capable of being able to execute two macros "while pressed" at the same time?

That makes sense, that is because "while pressed" is inherently interruptible. That is kind of the whole point of "while pressed" that you can determine how long it will last.

I don't know what game you are playing or what macros you are talking about, but there might be a creative way of fixing the problem. Making changes to your macro sequences.

I don't think the scimitar is the problem. It is probably the game.

you would need to be more specific about what your macro is and what game it is for.

you can't just mindlessly make OP macros to pwn all the noobs. game engines have rules. e.g. walking at chewing gum might be allowed, but sprinting and proning is not. See what I am saying? i.e. as soon as any of your macros have a conflicting action overlapping at any point in time, the whole thing will stop. if each macro is of different length and they cycle at different rates then there will always be a chance that two conflicting actions will line up (like an odd time signature in music or like a slot machine that lines up the cherry figures every once in a while.)

you can't run two macros simultaneously if the game's engine doesn't allow it.

Try an experiment, and make a third macro that is both macros mixed, and see if that works. if the third macro doesn't work then it means the game does not allow the actions you want to be done simultaneously.

Gotta use the scientific method here to make macros, it's not like a magic wand process. but the more info you provide the better. Perhaps I have played that game before.

You can't make like "bunny hop + 360 headshot" run simultaneously or something.

Try simplifying your macros. you shouldn't make them too complicated as that exposes limitations of the game. you make them as short at modular as possible so that the game doesn't freak out on you.

making good macros takes a lot of thinking sometimes... some games just really don't like them (mostly because most games now are just console ports...)

Go ahead and give us the specifics, maybe someone can help. Also do you also have a programmable keyboard or just the scimitar and some generic keyboard? Have you tried running each macro on a separate device?

Edited by Drv30

What I’m trying to do is actually extremely simple and has been a function of every macro capable device I have used for over five years- specifically Logitech and Razer, so I will be extremely surprised if Corsair is not able to do this. However, after plugging in one of my old devices to see exactly how it worked, I realized that my original description was not entirely accurate. Allow me to clarify:

Here is what I have been used to with two separate repeating macros assigned to two different keys “while pressed:”

1. Press G1 key -> Macro 1 starts

2. Press G2 key -> Macro 2 starts (Macro 1 pauses or continues at the same time as Macro 2. If both macro 1 and Macro two continue at the same time, the keys assigned within the macros are woven together.)

3. Release G2 key -> Macro 2 stops, Macro 1 continues

4. Release G1 key -> Macro 1 stops

What’s happening right now with CUE 2.9.53 on both my K70 RGB and Scimitar Pro is that when step 2 occurs (pressing the second G key with Macro 2 assigned), Macro 1 stops completely even though I am still pressing the G1 key down. I have to release, and then press G1 again to activate Macro 1.

Both Macros are a simple repeating of number keys with Macro 1 having a four-number key sequence and Macro 2 having only one number key (I set Macro 2 up as a macro for the specific function to be able to repeat since this is not possible with the key remap option). The game I am trying to use this in is WoW and these macros have worked without a problem for years using devices from the other two manufacturers I previously mentioned.

I have also tested this outside of a game using a Word document to watch the sequence of numbers repeat itself and the same thing happens- as soon as I try to activate a second macro, the first stops completely. What’s interesting is if I replace step two above with a G key that has a remapped button, the macro DOES NOT STOP and functions exactly how I have been accustomed to with previous devices. For example:

2. Press G3 key -> Remapped key activates (Macro 1 pauses or continues)

3. Release G3 key -> Macro 1 continues

Hopefully this clears things up as to what I am hoping the Scimitar Pro/CUE can do. I have recently found a few other posts throughout the forums that seems to indicate CUE was able to function as I am intending, but that it may have changed in the recent versions. I am hoping the change was an oversight and can be remedied.

What I’m trying to do is actually extremely simple and has been a function of every macro capable device I have used for over five years- specifically Logitech and Razer, so I will be extremely surprised if Corsair is not able to do this. However, after plugging in one of my old devices to see exactly how it worked, I realized that my original description was not entirely accurate. Allow me to clarify:

Here is what I have been used to with two separate repeating macros assigned to two different keys “while pressed:”

2. Press G2 key -> Macro 2 starts (Macro 1 pauses or continues at the same time as Macro 2. If both macro 1 and Macro two continue at the same time, the keys assigned within the macros are woven together.)

3. Release G2 key -> Macro 2 stops, Macro 1 continues

What’s happening right now with CUE 2.9.53 on both my K70 RGB and Scimitar Pro is that when step 2 occurs (pressing the second G key with Macro 2 assigned), Macro 1 stops completely even though I am still pressing the G1 key down. I have to release, and then press G1 again to activate Macro 1.

Both Macros are a simple repeating of number keys with Macro 1 having a four-number key sequence and Macro 2 having only one number key (I set Macro 2 up as a macro for the specific function to be able to repeat since this is not possible with the key remap option). The game I am trying to use this in is WoW and these macros have worked without a problem for years using devices from the other two manufacturers I previously mentioned.

I have also tested this outside of a game using a Word document to watch the sequence of numbers repeat itself and the same thing happens- as soon as I try to activate a second macro, the first stops completely. What’s interesting is if I replace step two above with a G key that has a remapped button, the macro DOES NOT STOP and functions exactly how I have been accustomed to with previous devices. For example:

2. Press G3 key -> Remapped key activates (Macro 1 pauses or continues)

3. Release G3 key -> Macro 1 continues

Hopefully this clears things up as to what I am hoping the Scimitar Pro/CUE can do. I have recently found a few other posts throughout the forums that seems to indicate CUE was able to function as I am intending, but that it may have changed in the recent versions. I am hoping the change was an oversight and can be remedied.

Make sure you are using "execute uninterrupted" only for macro 2, not macro1. or test using on different macros, dont just tick it on everymacro because it is how you will prioritize one macro over another.

It does seem like the new CUE is dumbed down. I actually like the older one more, it made more sense to me...

I think I get what you are saying.

But how does the game behave? If you press this number key, does the game require a press and release or if you leave it pressed it keeps executing the action?

you are "testing" your game's macro on a word document (not something I would really rely on), so I am assuming that your game only requires a key downstroke in order to deploy the action repeatedly? Because that is how Microsoft Word works.

If your game does indeed behave like a Microsoft Word document

what you can do is uncouple the press from the release on macro 2

let macro two me "number x press" without the "number x release"

set the macro action trigger "on press"

Then create a new action that is "number x release' and set it as "second action" for the same button.

Also tick the "Execute uninterrupted" Only on macro 2, not macro 1

Set macro 1 action trigger as "while pressed".

alternatively you can have macro 2 end with a single sequence of macro 1 as a "second action" so that you can sort of begin pressing the macro 1 key again without macro 1 ever stoppng (assuming you have to release and press the button again).

IDK man, im running out of ideas, I am pretty sure it could be fixed though. but I'd have to be literally trying to make the macro myself to see if I can fix it.

Good luck though. Maybe go to a forum of the game you are trying to play?

• 3 years later...

Resurrecting an old post of mine to see if iCue can now perform what I'm looking for as described above.

In short, I need a repeating macro to continue while pressed when you also press another repeating macro. Since iCue could not do this in 2017, I returned the Scimitar and went back to a Razer Naga since it could do what I'm looking for.

Now it's time for me to get a new mouse again and I'd like to try the Scimitar Elite, but only if it can perform the macro function I described. So, anyone know, or able to try it out for me and let me know? This is a function of iCue macros- it doesn't have to be checked only on the Scimitar.

• 1 month later...