Corsair Community

Confused some...hope you can shed some light.

dwbarnett

Ok, I have the K70 RGB keyboard roght now.

I understand the newer strafe and lux models have the new led processor for flickering on 16.8 mil colors.

I just saw the demo of the new k95 plat.

I have never been able to get my k70 to accomplish a profile to which i purchased it for. Don't believe cue2 will do it as well. I have made other postings on this, so no need to repost here.

What I am asking about, before I purchase the newer style is if I can do this on the keyboard. I'll stick to the K70 if it will work.

Ok, using FSX flightsim for example. Could I create profiles that would illuminate only keys needed for those functions.

Example I make all keys for autopilot to be purple. Could i create a key that would just show my autopilot keys when that key pressed.

Also, I wanted to color code the keyboard for other sim functions as well. Like using red for engine stuff etc. So at a glance I could see my entire color scheme on the keyboard, then when needing specific functions ie engines, i would press a key and only the red engine keys would illuminate.

Im trying to base this on the old rubber keyboard overlays that were made in the past.

If I got yhe K95 plat. would I use the g keys to accomplish this profile(s)

This might be a work around for what i've been trying to do with the keyboard since I purchased it.

Apologies for lengthy post. Want to give enough detail to understand everything.

Thank You for any insight.

Best,

David

It should possible to do what you want. There may be a better way to do it, but i'll give you a brief start.

You will have;

-A "default" profile for FSX to allow you to type normally in menus, etc, with a unused key that will be used to switch to the "in-game" profile.

-The "in-game" profile will be the profile with multiple profile switching actions that will switch between your "autopilot" and "engine" profile.

-Autopilot profile with your desired lighting layout and a profile switching action to return to the "in-game" profile.

-Engine profile which will be setup similarly to the autopilot profile.

You can take a look at the unofficial CUE 2 manual as it may help;

http://bit.do/CUE2M

Archived