Corsair Community

What size tubing to mod a new H60?

rubantin

I bought an H60 for our church computer. The case is too small to contain it. So, I would like to run the radiator to a different location about 18" away. I need to know the i.d. of the tubing and how to make sure there is no air in the system when I am done. The radiator will actually be below the unit, so any air would be detrimental to the system. I could run it above the unit but it would be an eye sore.

Any advice would be appreciated

Don't you have the unit to measure? it's probably 3/8", but know what you are getting into. Besides more tubing and interconnects, you are going to have to find a way to re-fill the unit after draining, cutting, and splicing. Then find a way to bleed to air out. There is no valve for this and the system was not designed to be disassembled. You will have invalidated the warranty while drastically increasing your chance of leakage. If you really intend to do this, you be better off getting all new tubing and some type of refill valve. You essentially need to build a custom tubing system, but then retain the somewhat disposable H60 pump and its radiator. You will need to find some additional way of securing both of the ends on re-attachment.

This would rank dead last on my list of things to try to solve the original problem, including moving to a new case. It's tedious and based on the circumstances, it doesn't sound like you would be there to monitor it after it was up and running.

Archived