Corsair Community

My CMX512-3200C2 gone bad

smoothjay

I have purchased my first CMX512-3200 (XMS3202 V1.1), when I built my workstation about a 1 and half year ago. then I put one more the same module on my machine, later about 6month ago to make 1GB. It went all fine until today and I discovered that one of module had problem somehow and I couldn't boot my machine at all. When I boot it, had error that " computer memory test failed ".

I haven't change any BIOS setting or anything. I pull out all modules and test it with one and another and I found the first module was the problem. With the second module, which one that I bought it later was no problem. Before I tested it out, I checked the BIOS setting and had changed to optimal default setting, but it won't help either. I think I need to get a RMA for return. :(:

Please check both modules and make sure they are both the same revision and part#. And please tell us the make and model of MB as well!

Both modules are Corsair CMX512-3200C2(400MHz), the bad one is XMS3202 v1.1 and the second one(fine one) is XMS3202 v3.1. thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived