Corsair Community

what Cases fit the h115i? and clearances?

migles

I have a IX hero, and will get a h1151 i had been searching for the past days for a case that will no give me an hassle with top radiator mounting..

the ix hero mobo has a shield thing in the very top..

i am very confused because there is almost no info.. i seen in pcpartpicker builds with this radiator and in some of them i could see the CPU 8 pin power being almost tilted by the fans so the builders "made it fit" which i really don't want to risk bending stuff on the expensive board...

so far i thought about the corsair C70, and obssidian 450D, and they are already over my budget (prices in my area are crazy) but they are the 2 cases i enjoyed however i do not have any idea if they can fit this radiator+fans with no clearance issues with my mobo

i also looked over the h440 case from other brand.. which really pleased me aestetically, however the lack of 5'25 bays is a bummer...

so is there manuals with measures or something like that to know for sure how much spacing it has between the top and the motherboard?

I know the Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 will fit inside Corsair C70 case with ASUS Hero Z170 motherboard.

I don't know if H115i will fit inside C70 or 450D case, ZERO information about it on the web that i can find.

Both the C70 and 450D are listed as 280mm top mount compatible on their product pages. If you want to ensure there aren't any quirks, you will need to start with a basic search with both "case" & "H115i" parameters. It is near certain someone else has combined the two before. It does look like you would need to turn the hoses toward the rear on the 450D, if you keep the 5.25 bays.

Both the C70 and 450D are listed as 280mm top mount compatible on their product pages. If you want to ensure there aren't any quirks, you will need to start with a basic search with both "case" & "H115i" parameters. It is near certain someone else has combined the two before. It does look like you would need to turn the hoses toward the rear on the 450D, if you keep the 5.25 bays.

already did that in pc part picker, but pictures are not clear, some of them i can clearly see the fans from the radiator beinding the connections for example the cpu 8 pins, to make it fit... while most builds just show "ho wow, look at the lights of my computer" "heres a close up of MY graphics card, internet never has enough stock photos"

sorry, i am frustrated with this situation,,

it's a really bummer and this is the reason that is keeping me from getting the computer done

btw, the c70 apparently is discontinued. i still can purchase it on amazon, but knowing it's discontinued it makes me scared...

There is no reason to be concerned about the case being discontinued, other than getting one before they are gone. It is not being recalled. It has been around for several years and is sure to be replaced by something with more modern lines, no 5.25 drives, etc. Unlike other components, you won't wake up a year from now and realize your case has 'stopped working' and you can't get a replacement.

Unfortunately, things like interior width, top ATX power plugs, and whether drives are removable or not don't usually make the specification sheet. Surely, someone has combined these items before, but you will have to wait until they happen upon this thread. In the meantime, you might as well take a look at some detailed reviews and try a more targeted approach in your searching.

You might also contact Corsair Technical Support and ask the same questions. I don't know if you will get the ultra detailed answer you are looking for, but it may be worth something.

Looks like we would lose access to the top 5.25 bay on Corsair 450D case, if we go with H115i liquid cooler.

H115i + 450D = can't use top 5.25 bay for optical drive

(Radiator dimensions: 140mm x 312mm x 26mm)

H100i V2 + 450D = can use the top 5.25 bay for optical drive

(Radiator dimensions: 125mm x 276mm x 30mm)

The H115i is the newer version of the H110i GTX. That's why it's harder to find out if it will fit inside Corsair 450D case.

Looks like we would lose access to the top 5.25 bay on Corsair 450D case, if we go with H115i liquid cooler.

H115i + 450D = can't use top 5.25 bay for optical drive

(Radiator dimensions: 140mm x 312mm x 26mm)

H100i V2 + 450D = can use the top 5.25 bay for optical drive

(Radiator dimensions: 125mm x 276mm x 30mm)

The H115i is the newer version of the H110i GTX. That's why it's harder to find out if it will fit inside Corsair 450D case.

thanks, that's some help!

after looking some pictures of the 450D, it will not fit with the ROG mobos, they have armor in the top.. i seen some pictures with the 450d and the h115i, the mobo gets a little behind the fans, so with the plastic the rogs have it will very likely not fit

http://cdn5.thinkcomputers.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ASUS-ROG-Maximus-IX-Formula-2-490x293.jpg

http://cdn.pcpartpicker.com/static/forever/images/userbuild/174151.ced654a655e0dd5b04c4141ff4d0c57d.e78d80bd847dbbcd5baa88c881309520.1600.jpg

Archived