Corsair Community

570x – Any GPU fitment issues here?

crRider

Hello, new here. I’m in the process of purchasing components for a new build using the 570x case.

Wondering if I’ll run into any fitment issues installing either of the following GPUS when installing an H100i V2 radiator in either a top or front mounted position?

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW HYBRID GAMING

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING

I’ll be using a GA-Z270X-Gaming K7 mobo, I7-7700k along with 32GB of CORSAIR Vengeance LPX RAM.

Thank you for your guidance here.

No issues with my Strix 1080 here. Just eyeing the EVGA 120mm radiator, but it should fit in snuggly too even with a h100i V2 at the top.

Should be plenty of space for that kit in the rear, particularity since the 570x has those slide rails for height adjustment instead of 4 fixed holes. However, be aware the Asetek that comes with it is one of those 4000 rpm churners. It makes more noise than my H110 and the 6 fans in the case. That said, it more than does the job and GPU temps are silly low even with low fan speeds. Just know going in your are trading some level of idle quiet for reduced GPU load temps and noise. My plan is to replace it with a H90 in the near future.

Yeah, generally getting single fan radiators just isn't worth the trouble. Just get the Strix and another SP120 RGB for exhaust and you're golden. I noticed that even with H100i exhausting through the top I was getting higher than average temps before I installed the exhaust fan. Also did some manual fan speed adjustments as 4 SP120s spinning at once get audible above 1000 RPM or so. Now my system is not also great looking but also whisper quiet.

And no I don't use headphones.

Appreciate the feedback, I decided to go with the Strix.

Being new to AIO coolers I've been watching a lot of videos trying to get up to speed on the different cooling options available. Came across this video that I thought was interesting showing a front mounted radiator providing better overall cooling results than a top mount.

Went ahead and picked up 3 more of the SP120 RGBs. Thinking I'll give the front mount a try (with a top/rear exhaust) and see how the thermals look. The stock AIO fans can be recycled to a different case, guessing not much point in using them here for a push/pull config...

Cooling benchmarks are at 12:10 in the video. Curious, has anyone else experienced differences in CPU/GPU temp based upon radiator placement?

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves]Video[/ame]

In most instances, a front mounted radiator will give better cooling results to your cpu, you are, after all, pulling in cool air through your rad, however, you will be pushing warm/hot air into your case and onto your drives, gpu and motherboard. If you use fans on te front of your case and use the rad as an exhaust on the top, your cpu temp may well go up a couple of degrees, but the rest of your components will be cooler. You pays your money and you takes your choice, as they say.

Archived