Corsair Community

H110i wires question

bobnv

Mounting "H110i Extreme Liquid CPU Cooler" on a "Asus Strix Z270F Gaming MB". My problem is, the ribbon wire that splits into two four pin male plugs have no where to go on the MB. It appears I'll need to adapt for a proper connection. I have the USB, & power connected. My question is, what does the plugs described above wire do? Will I get cooling to the CPU if not connected, until I figure out how to adapt to the MB? Thanks for any help.

That is a 2 way PWM splitter for the fans. On this model, the fans are intended to be powered and controlled via the pump in accordance with coolant temperature. It also has a deliberate 3pin/4pin arrangement on the split end for control purposes (1 return control signal only). You will still need to plug the H110i lead into the CPU_FAN header to boot the machine.

You do not have to power the fans from the pump and can use the motherboard. This may be the preferred arrangement if you do not intend to use the Link software. In that instance, the splitter would go unused.

That is a 2 way PWM splitter for the fans.

Oh no it doesn't! The H110i is CoolIT and only Asetek coolers such as the H115i have the 2 way PWM splitter.

The H110i has two fan controllers and those two leads both have 4 pins and both fan speeds are reported.

You should connect the two radiator fans to those two pins.

As I recall there are covers (see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131129) that you need to remove. Leave the covers in-place if you wish to control the radiator fans from the motherboard.

I feel it's best to attach the radiator fans to the H110i and have the H110i control them based on the H100i coolant temperature.

Archived