Corsair Community

H100 V2 or H110i GT

boeing253

I was wondering which of the 2 above coolers is better?

I want upgrade my H80I V2 to give me better performance on my 4790K.

I know the H100 V2 is only a 240mm radiator where as 110I GT is 280mm.

Does the 110i GT pump made by coolit or Asetek? Which would be the better option to give me decent cooling performance on my 4790K.

Currently in summer idle temps are around 25c to 30c at 1.150v on 4.4ghz. Gaming gets to max 55c.

Would like to get those temps down further if I could so I have more headroom for over clocking.

Thanks

Those temps are already close to the best you can get with any AIC. Maybe look at a custom loop to get the very best out of you're i7. That being said, if you are deadset on one of these coolers, I would go for the bigger cooler if it fits in your case. The 140mm fans will give you more airflow whilst also spinning slower which equals cooler and quieter.

Those temps are already close to the best you can get with any AIC. Maybe look at a custom loop to get the very best out of you're i7. That being said, if you are deadset on one of these coolers, I would go for the bigger cooler if it fits in your case. The 140mm fans will give you more airflow whilst also spinning slower which equals cooler and quieter.

Thanks for your reply. I thought I might be able to get better performance since the H80i V2 is just a thick 120mm radiator whereas the 110i GT is a 280mm radiator so I thought more surface area = better cooling performance?

Also on a side not about mounting the cooler. I saw a trick on a youtube video where you insert to normal fan screws in diagonal corners to hold the fan in place whIle I attached the long fan screws into the radiator and then removed the 2 screws holding the fan in place originally and replace with the long screws again.

This works very well as I have the 780T case and the rear fan mounts are designed so you can slide the fan up and down so makes installation somewhat tricky coz it's moving.

I'm sure people know this but it works really well instead of trying to hold the first fan in place aswell as radiator.

If you dig up some reviews for any of these coolers, you may find a comparative table listing those models and others. Keep in mind those are usually synthetic max CPU loads and may have no real bearing on your use. In that scenario, a H80i GT/v2 is going to be very close to a H100i GT/v2.

However, from a more practical standpoint, where you mount the radiator may have a much larger role in your end temperatures for gaming and normal use. It is likely you have the H80i v2 in the rear exhaust slot. It's the only place it really fits at 99mm total package. As such, the radiator is always going to be in the GPU hot zone when gaming. It is not a critical thermal addition, but it is more heat in that area, depending on GPU design (ref vs ACX) and the GPU wattage. A 970 is not a super hot card and likely does not cripple the H80i. However, at some point you may want a bigger GPU. Regardless, using a 240 or 280mm radiator to the roof as exhaust moves the radiator out of the hot zone and frees up the rear fan to remove any ambient waste heat above the card. You likely would get lower coolant and case temps simply by moving it.

The further benefit of larger surface area, double size coolers is you can apply more airflow across the fins. You can get the same cooling with a lot less fan speed. This is particularly true of the 280mm. Your 780T is plenty big and can easily fit a 280mm up top. Since it is essentially the same price as a H100i v2 or H80i v2, it is an easy decision to make. The H110i is a CoolIT product. The H115i is Asetek.

Keep in mind, there are no miracles in liquid cooling. With a Haswell, you will always be limited by the voltage on die, rather than the amount of heat the cooling system can remove. No matter what cooler you buy, your Vcore will be the limitation -- not the coolant temp. If you are only at 55C now, you still have plenty of headroom to experiment. However, a 280mm upgrade would be an easy one to make and you would be able to let those radiator fans sit at 600 rpm all day with plenty of capacity in reserve.

Archived