Corsair Community

H100i LED blinks, can not show all white or turn completely off

herman82

H100i LED blinks when selecting blue, can not show all white or turn completely off

1. You have failed to specify the H100i firmware version you are using so should do this.
  2. These are long standing issues that Corsair said they would fix and thus far have not, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855427 and follow the quotes.
  3. If you set 255,255,255 this should be white. When you set this what colour do you see?
  4. The best you can do for back is to set 1,1,1, but this is not really completely off.
  5. These are all firmware issues and corsair would need to release corrected H100i firmware to address these issues.
  6. Corsair also need to add the missing functionality to CL4 to do firmware updates. To update CoolIT firmware you need to use CL 3.2.5742.

1. You have failed to specify the H100i firmware version you are using so should do this.
  2. These are long standing issues that Corsair said they would fix and thus far have not, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=855427 and follow the quotes.
  3. If you set 255,255,255 this should be white. When you set this what colour do you see?
  4. The best you can do for back is to set 1,1,1, but this is not really completely off.
  5. These are all firmware issues and corsair would need to release corrected H100i firmware to address these issues.
  6. Corsair also need to add the missing functionality to CL4 to do firmware updates. To update CoolIT firmware you need to use CL 3.2.5742.

I am pretty sure I use to be able to shut it of completely?

I will test this and report back! I will check my FW version, but im pretty sure it is 1.0.7 (latest?)

im pretty sure it is 1.0.7 (latest?)

No, 1.1.3 is the latest. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125350 which contains H80i/H100i firmware updated to v1.1.3 .

To update you need to use CL 3.2.5742 which is a total PITA and Corsair need to fix CL4 to be able to do this :asskick:

CL 3.2.5742 may have issues on W10, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153706 for my work around.

Are you able to completely turn the LEDs off?

Yes and no. As I recall you can set 0,0,0 and it will go black, but then after you powering down the system when you reboot the colour will be other than 0,0,0. The best you can do is set 1,1,1

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, if I use CL3 and set 0,0,0 it goes back and does not blink. But if I use CL4 and set 0,0,0 it will still be on, and if I then open up SIV it will show 1, 1, 1!

Is it not possible to set 0, 0, 0 with CL4? Is it really 1, 1, 1? Is it a bug or a feature?

Anyway, thanks for SIV, now I can turn the LEDs completely off again!

Funny, if I use CL3 and set 0,0,0 it goes back and does not blink. But if I use CL4 and set 0,0,0 it will still be on, and if I then open up SIV it will show 1, 1, 1!

Did the [Link LEDs] panel have Dodger Blue or Hot Pink blobs? I guess Dodger Blue. Note that Hot Pink shows SIV is running in -AIOCTL mode and will therefore set the LED colour on start-up.

Assuming Dodger Blue then SIV reports 1,1,1 as this is what it read from the hardware so CL is actually setting 1,1,1 when you ask for 0,0,0 :bigeyes:

Did you use CL3 or CL4 to set 0,0,0 before running SIV? I guess CL4 (which version?) and that Corsair are setting 1,1,1 to try and work around the firmware bug :rofl:.

As I recall when the cooler LED is set to 0,0,0 then it is back, but when you cold boot the system it in initially a random colour that is not 0,0,0 (black).

Which cooler do you have and what is the firmware version?

Archived