Corsair Community

Plugging in Headphones Disables Keyboard

BullSchmutz

I have the H2100 headphones and the Strafe RBG Silent keyboard. If I connect my headphones via USB, it kills my keyboard. Lights go out and can't type. This is slightly annoying when trying to play a game. If I unplug the headphones, the keyboard is useable, but the software appears disabled.

You figure two same generation products from the same company should work together, but nooooo.. apparently they hate each other.

All my drivers are up to date. I don't have access to intel stuff. I've reinstalled both the keyboard and the headphone software several times over the past few months. Haven't tried removing the H2100 software after the keyboard goes kaput. I'd imagine a reboot is the only thing that would get the keyboard functioning again.

I have all sorts of USB devices connected. The only thing that goes wrong is my Corsair Headphones messing up my Corsair keyboard. Corsair told me the issue is Windows 10. The H2100 is no longer supported, therefore no driver will come. I bought it brand new in the 2nd half of 2015. After the launch of Windows 10. For it not to be supported by Windows 10 and have such a short product life cycle, I will have to reconsider buying any Corsair product in the future.

I have all sorts of USB devices connected. The only thing that goes wrong is my Corsair Headphones messing up my Corsair keyboard. Corsair told me the issue is Windows 10. The H2100 is no longer supported, therefore no driver will come. I bought it brand new in the 2nd half of 2015. After the launch of Windows 10. For it not to be supported by Windows 10 and have such a short product life cycle, I will have to reconsider buying any Corsair product in the future.

Well i'm not sure what they told you but i had an H2100 running on windows 10 with CUE and everything worked fine. Although i never did download the drivers for the H2100. And you got this headset in 2015? And you only recently had this issue?

PS: Also hate to break it to you but the H2100 is a rebrand of the H2000 which is 6-7 years old itself. I believe they haven't made a new H2100 in quite a while now. Some research goes a long way when you're buying tech. That goes for any company. Dont assume that the headset or mobo or whatever you just picked up is brand new, and the latest and greatest. :sigh!:

Archived