Corsair Community

Exiting CUE kills keyboard/mouse

dstarr3

Add this to the pile: I have a similar problem as a lot of people, where CUE will tell me that macro execution is unavailable, please repair. Except my macro keys still work fine. So I don't know what that issue is about. Reporting a problem that doesn't exist.

But the big issue is that if I exit CUE, quit out of it so it's not running in the background, it completely kills my mouse and keyboard. I suddenly can't do any input anymore. I have to hit reset on the computer case to restart. The computer isn't frozen, the rest of the computer still carries on about its business. I just don't have a usable keyboard or mouse anymore and can't do anything about it except hard reset.

I used to have a Logitech G15 and G400s, still have the mouse, replaced the keyboard. I've uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software, uninstalled ALL my keyboard drivers, Corsair's, Logitech's, Microsoft's, everything, uninstalled CUE, did a cleaning with CCleaner. Started totally from scratch. Reinstalled CUE, sticking with the basic Microsoft driver for the mouse. That's all I've got installed in regards to keyboard/mouse now. So, I can't imagine there's any conflict at all happening, it's just the software not working very well.

Does the mouse have a static lighting profile on it or is it just blank?

Try an older version of CUE and see if anything changes.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=138472

Please fill out your system specs.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/profile.php?do=extra

What CUE enabled hardware do you have right now?

If the keyboard has a USB passthrough, Is the mouse connected to that port?

The mouse is a Logitech G400s running on standard Windows drivers, no Logitech software or drivers installed. The mouse has no lighting. I am using a portable version of X-Mouse Button Control to rebind some mouse buttons as opposed to Logitech's software. Problem persists with and without this software running.

The keyboard is a K95 with no USB passthrough. The mouse is plugged directly into the motherboard's USB ports, the keyboard is plugged in through two six-foot USB extension cords. Problem persists even when plugged directly into motherboard.

The keyboard is the only CUE-enabled hardware. Not home to try an older CUE version at the moment. Won't have time to do so for a few days.

System specs:

Intel i7 4790K | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mk2 | Crucial Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 1866mHz 9-9-9-27 1.5v | Samsung 850 EVO 1TB | WD Se 2TB (WD2000F9YZ) x2 in RAID0 | WD Red 2TB (WD20EFRX) | WD Blue 1TB (WD10EALX) | EVGA GTX980 Ti SC w/ ACX 2.0 | ASUS Xonar Essence STX | PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk.III 850W | Hyper 212 EVO | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

• Corsair Employees

CUE shouldn't disable the hardware and doesn't do so. If CUE isn't found, the hardware simply reverts to being default OS devices as a standard KB and Mouse.

If you have a second system, see if this behavior is the same when you exit CUE. This wlil help determine if the issue with the hardware or your USB ports. I don't know if I would recommend using 2x USB extension cords either though. We've never tested this and that length may cause other issues.

Well, specifically, I'm not daisy-chaining two extensions, that way lies madness. I'm using one 6ft extension per USB plug, as the K95 has two USB plugs. I used a 6ft USB extension with my previous keyboard (first-gen Logitech G15) for a decade without a problem. And the two ports that are being populated by the keyboard now were previously populated by my UPS and my printer, so I know the ports themselves work just fine. And besides all that, the problem persists when plugged directly into different ports on the same machine anyway.

I shall try CUE and the keyboard on another system when I can.

• Corsair Employees
Well, specifically, I'm not daisy-chaining two extensions, that way lies madness. I'm using one 6ft extension per USB plug, as the K95 has two USB plugs. I used a 6ft USB extension with my previous keyboard (first-gen Logitech G15) for a decade without a problem. And the two ports that are being populated by the keyboard now were previously populated by my UPS and my printer, so I know the ports themselves work just fine. And besides all that, the problem persists when plugged directly into different ports on the same machine anyway.

I shall try CUE and the keyboard on another system when I can.

PM me on your results - if necessary Ill help you get a replacement.

Archived