Corsair Community

Can't install CUE

cpt_tofu

I just bought the K70 LUX RGB keyboard. When trying to install Corsair Utility Engine it completely freezes my computer.

Have tried installing version 2.8.70 and 1.16.42, it always freezes when it's tries to install the driver part around 50-60% of the progress bar.

Have tried multiple methods, all always the same result.

-Clean Windows install.

-Clean Windows install with only the keyboard and mouse connected.

-Clean Windows install with mine old keyboard.

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 14393.693 (RS1)

Motherboard Model: ASRock Z97 Extreme6

The drivers in HID do not go to any device, They are used by CUE to run macros.

Manually install them by right clicking the .inf files > Install. If they cause your computer to freeze, Then that would be your problem. Do the same with the audio driver.

The computer doesn't freeze when installing those drivers.

It's freezes only when i try to install CUE, it's seems like something is causing a conflict with the CUE installer. Have only found a temporarily fix by copying Corsair folder in the Program Files from someone else.

• 7 months later...
I had this problem. Luckily, I recently had to troubleshoot installing the Logitech gaming software for my mouse. Like CUE, it was freezing my computer during install. The solution that I came across on reddit was to shut down my pc, disconnect the optical drive, reboot and install. It worked like a charm. It worked like a charm for the CUE install problem as well.

• 8 months later...