Corsair Community

Noob PC builder: H100i v2 mounting standoffs are not snug

dxw

I have mounted the backplate onto my motherboard, using the standoffs for "LGA 115X/1366" (the symmetrical ones with similar lengths of thread both ends). I have not yet installed the pump unit or radiator / fan assembly.

My concern is that the backplate / standoffs assembly currently has approximately 1mm of movement. It does not sit snugly and securely up against the back of the motherboard. The standoffs are screwed-in to firm finger pressure and if I try with a driver I meet a fairly significant resistance ... that I am not brave enough to force-through for fear of damaging something.

The screws do not show / protrude at the back through the backplate, having 1-2mm before they're flush there. The plate seems aligned properly, and will sit nicely into the four little holes in the motherboard, and the screws engaged neatly and nicely perpendicular to the motherboard surface.

Is this a matter of just more torque until the screws continue through pulling the plate snug against the back of my motherboard, or is there some other thing I should be doing?

DO NOT force the mounting any more than finger tight. You should find that when you install the pump onto the cpu, it will pull tight, but again DO NOT overtighten the pump mounting screws, at most tighten them finger tight plus MAYBE a quarter turn with a screwdriver if, like me, your finger are a bit weak.

Archived