Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200LL Not loading into XP

RByarlay

I have a set of CMX512MB-PC3200LL (TWINX1024-3200LL) that will not boot my system (WinXP) no matter what timing or voltage I set to it.

I'm running a MSI K8T-Neo FIS2R with the latest BIOS (v1.9) with a AMD 3400+ (Hammer) CPU in it.

I have ran Mem86 and got errors out the nose (50+ errors in the first 1-2% of the test). I thought this memory was suppose to be compatable with this board. Or did I get a set of bad chips? How do I go about getting a set of memory sticks that will work with this mother board?

Cheers.

Roger

Ever used that board or CPU before? Is it a 90 nm CPU? Tried one stick at a time in each slot? The last one was asked because it may be a bad slot, not enough posted info as of yet to determine this.

Yes I have used the board and CPU. Running with a couple of borrowed CMX512-3200C2's (one is a PT the other is a black stick) at 2-3-3-8 in slots 1 and 2.

I tried each alone in slot one, but didn't try slot 2.

My CPU is the 130nm hammer with the 1MB cash.

Thanks.

Roger

Also what slots do you have them in? And can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I tried them as a pair in slot 1-2. and alone in slot one.

The BIOS setting for the ram was AUTO on all timings and I believe I had the system performance set on FAST and the bus speed at 400MHz (2x200).

I tried changing the CAS Latency to 2.5 and 3.0 with no luck. I even tried bumping up the rest of the times up to 3 and 4 with out any luck. I did not try a voltage bump.

Last night I started playing around the memory in my kids system (a MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU KT333 chipset board) and could not get it to load into WinXP. I would get to the splash screen and reboot. I tried on stick in slot 1 and got the same thing. Tried that stick in slot 2 and it booted into WinXP, but I don't know how stable it was since I wanted to test the second stick. The second stick I could not get to load into WinXP in slot 1 or slot 2. I even drop the timings down and bump the voltage up to 2.8v on the second stick with no avail. I stick my CMX512MB-PC3000PT back in the KT3 and it runs like clockwork.

Cheers.

Roger

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory module on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; also make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, and load optimized/setup default and set the following settings on your BIOS;

CMX512-3200LL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Ratio/Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

Master ECC Enabled: Disabled

Hypertransport: 5X

Cell Menu/Frequency Voltage Control:

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Please put the memory module on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; also make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB, and load optimized/setup default and set the following settings on your BIOS;

CMX512-3200LL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Ratio/Value: 2:1 (DDR400)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 8

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

Master ECC Enabled: Disabled

Hypertransport: 5X

Cell Menu/Frequency Voltage Control:

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Ok, Went into the BIOS and set the Memory settings to the above settings.

Installed one stick in Slot one and ran Memtest86+ v1.40. After 2 passes I had 83,000+ errors (yes this is not a typo 83k errors).

Took stick one out and put stick two in slot one and ran Memtest86+ v1.40 again. After 2 passes I had 0 errors on my second stick. I'm currently typing this with this stick in.

It is looking like the first stick of memory is bad. How do I go about getting an RMA for the replacement of both sticks since they are suppost to be a match pair?

Cheers.

Roger

Archived