Corsair Community

Issue w/ TWINX 3200LL

hjay14

I just bought TWINX1024-3200LL ram for my A7N8X DX Rev. 1, with 2600+ cpu. I purchased the ram to upgrade from my previous XMS 2700C2, but I've been getting unreasonably low Sandra scores (not even close to 3000) running at 2-3-2-5. Lowering the timings any more causes my system to fail to boot. Is there anything I can do to check if my ram is running properly?

• Corsair Employee
If you are not getting any errors in [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and you are still getting low performance there must be some other problem. Or what are you using to judge the performance? You might try ADIDA32 as it will give a comparison that may help to get a better idea. Also was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this MB? Ram Guy

Ram Guy, Thanks for your timely response. I have been using the memory bandwidth benchmarking utility in SiSoftware's Sandra to test my memory's performance. At stock cpu speeds (with mem freq. at 100% at 2-3-2-5) I average around a score of 2500 (integer), and 2400 (floating point) with the TWINX1024-3200LL. In comparison, the same quantity of 2700C2 scores about 2700/2650. I'd like to try ADIDA32 if I could find it (I'm on a network which forbids file sharing, limiting my procurement of esoteric programs to the web). Also, because of the strange issues with the 3200LL failing to boot on fresh systems, I simply swapped one type of ram for the other - no fresh install. Thanks for your time.

• Corsair Employee
That would suggest that you had the memory Freq set to By SPD or one of the modules was just failing. 3200LL is a faster module and even at the same settings they will be faster. But with the CPU you have running at 166 MHz you really need to run the memory at the same Freq. as the CPU Ram Guy

Archived