Corsair Community

Quick bit of advice please :-)

StellaMan

I have bought some Corsair headphones and am very impressed so am contemplating buying a keyboard. Obviously you get what you pay for so the most expensive is presumably the best, but I'm not a huge gamer, my son plays a few games but again nothing truly serious.

I want a good quality full-size keyboard, preferably with a number pad on the right. It needs to have backlit keys as I am often in the dark (about a lot of things, :D: !!!) ...

What's the best option for me, I really don't need massive programmable options, though a few basic ones would be nice ... how far up or down the range should I be looking ?!? Advice from experienced users or employees would be great, thanks in advance :cool: ...

You can get a k70 in just blue or red a bit cheaper than the rgb . You also cant go wrong with Logitech products. The k70 RGB lux I just bought I love but the software still kind of sucks that runs the lighting, very confusing. But anyway , go to Best Buy or Staples and try them out before you buy, also do your research on the web, Linus Tech Tips, or Jays2cents, Barnacules. Plenty of info out there to decide what kind of keys will work best for you. Hope this helps

CUE 2 has a demo mode that allows you to experience the software without limitations through the use of "virtual" CUE devices. I would suggest you go.

It will also be best to try the switches as Ogdog mentioned as there are Cherry MX Red, Brown, Speed, Silent switches available. (They are all different)

While still usable, I would take a look at the keyboards after the first generation RGB peripherals (You can tell as they will have no USB pass through port on them).

You can get a k70 in just blue or red a bit cheaper than the rgb . You also cant go wrong with Logitech products. The k70 RGB lux I just bought I love but the software still kind of sucks that runs the lighting, very confusing. But anyway , go to Best Buy or Staples and try them out before you buy, also do your research on the web, Linus Tech Tips, or Jays2cents, Barnacules. Plenty of info out there to decide what kind of keys will work best for you. Hope this helps

Thanks, I am actually using a Logitech keyboard right now but I don't like it, it's not a full KB and it's Bluetooth, occasionally it repeats a key about a dozen times, despite the fact I only just touched it, the same as any other key !!!

CUE 2 has a demo mode that allows you to experience the software without limitations through the use of "virtual" CUE devices. I would suggest you go.

It will also be best to try the switches as Ogdog mentioned as there are Cherry MX Red, Brown, Speed, Silent switches available. (They are all different)

While still usable, I would take a look at the keyboards after the first generation RGB peripherals (You can tell as they will have no USB pass through port on them).

I will take a look, is that here, Toasted ?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/cue

Archived