Corsair Community

Memory is Bad

ironfists

Have 2 sticks of Corsair Plantn. 3200 LLPT 512 megs that I have had in my Machine for over a year now.. Am getting a lot of Blue screens, so I ran Memtest86, where it was getting errors.. Took out 1 stick and ran memtest again.. Getting errors.. Took that stick of ram out and put in the other stick and ram memtest, that one is getting errors as well.. Tried the 3 different slots on my motherboard but both sticks get same errors.. Put both sticks in a serperate machine 1 at a time and ram memtest and they still get errors. I put 2 good known sticks of Ram in my machine and it works fine.. Called up the reseller(pcclub) to get replacements but it has already been past a year.. Should I request a RMA or wait for a response from the Ram guy??

Thanks,

Craig

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Motherboard is a Asus Kn8-e, Cpu is a 64 3200 200fsb, Ram set to Default.

Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• Corsair Employees
First please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults with the modules installed in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them again. but getting errors with both modules would suggest some other problem.

Have the newest Bios.. 1006, Set all the Bios options to Default.. Tried all slots 1 at a time all give errors with each stick.. Tried another stick of Corsair i have in another machine but that doesn't give errors in any slot. Tried the 2 bad sticks in a Intel machine and both sticks gives errors in that machine as well. Don't know what happened to cause to sticks to go bad at the same time, but the M/B is working fine with 2 extra sticks of Corsair I have..

First please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults with the modules installed in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and test them again. but getting errors with both modules would suggest some other problem.

Archived