Corsair Community

I've tried, but CUE2 is a disaster

Salari

I miss the original CUE. Even though it wasn't great it worked as I expected. I can't get CUE2 to work as I want it to at all. When I load a profile it defaults to it every time I start up, I can't cycle through profiles, they won't load with games. I don't know whether it's my inability to figure these things out or just bad design, but given that its design is awful and user-friendliness is secondary to its features I'd say it's more of a problem with the program.

Am I wrong or has this program actually left beta? I remember trying it when it WAS in beta and thinking "hopefully when it's released I'll come back to it and it'll be better" but lo and behold when it took over CUE it was pretty much the same. I can't even check for updates in the program, it just gives me an error all the time!

I got a K70 RGB because it's a great keyboard, and initially I loved being able to set up profiles to work with games, but now because of the hideous, clunky interface of CUE2, I just stick with the boring colorshift. I'll accept if I'm being dumb and missing out on something, but am I alone feeling this way about CUE2?

It is not just you. As a basic user who just wants to have the same static colours. which I can use with various profiles for games it just either does not seem to work or is so heavy with features 99% of us will never use I can't do the simple stuff. THe old one was not perfect but it worked....

It is not just you. As a basic user who just wants to have the same static colours. which I can use with various profiles for games it just either does not seem to work or is so heavy with features 99% of us will never use I can't do the simple stuff. THe old one was not perfect but it worked....

Just adding a static color is really easy,and making profiles too. What is the issue you're having exactly? If you're more specific we can try and help.

Or you can also take a look at this unofficial CUE 2 manual: http://bit.do/CUE2M

hello,

i didn't try the forst version of this software, but the actual one truly needs some work arounds.

I'm rly looking forward for future versions, wich won't eat up my profiles ... i tried it now 3 times ...

Win 10 64 bit

Windows on PCIe SSD OSZ Revodrive

sometimes using Aurora for nice light effects in some games ... could this crash cue profiles? I'm using Aurora while CUE is still running. Mhmm, perhaps wrong thread for this, i'lll moving this question into the profilecrash thread ^^

best regards

madda

Just adding a static color is really easy,and making profiles too. What is the issue you're having exactly? If you're more specific we can try and help.

Or you can also take a look at this unofficial CUE 2 manual: http://bit.do/CUE2M

I had problems importing old profiles with set up keys and colours into the new software. I just deleted everything in the end and set a default that I copied and will set up keys as I replay the games:),job done!

Thanks for the offer of help though

hello ...

ok ... 2 days with new profiles, but ...

today cue started with following message: makrousing not available

Corsair Utility Engine Makros could not executed correctly.

Repair the installation of corsair utility engine

The software is able to start, profiles are visible, light effects are working, but on the left side there are the menues missing for using lights, actions and options. They are just gone.

best regards

madda

I don't know why, but for the life of me I could not figure out CUE 1.6 and tweak profiles I found here. However, when CUE 2 showed up and I installed it, it trashed all my profiles so I had to rebuild them. I was able to rebuild my main profile from scratch in just a short amount of time and CUE 2 seemed to click with me, unlike CUE 1.6. That's not to say CUE 2 is perfect. It's far from that, but thankfully I have my K70 RGB and Scimitar up and running like I want, so I'm happy...for the moment.

Hello,

sure ... i would've done a screenshot. But after crashing down completly yesterday i shut down my computer and didn't want to figure out, what happened.

For your imagination, it's just the CUE 2 Software windows, just without the three buttons on the left side when you're editing a profile. The three buttons are just gone.

i'll go take a look on my grafic driver. But today ... sit down stable ... cue 2 is back again, with all profiles working ... wtf?

Ok, drivers are not the latest, so i'll giv'em a try.

Adventure with CUE 2 goes on ...

best regards

madda

@GumbyDammit223

You'll want to backup the profiles as CUE 2 does have a bug where it may "corrupt" your profiles.

Oh, I did. I did use them though when I went back to CUE 1 so that I could write down all the different color groups and actions that were programmed. Then I reinstalled CUE 2, got rid of any CUE 2-related profile I could find, and then rebuild the ones I wanted from scratch. Like I said previously, I don't think I could have built them from scratch using CUE 1. That didn't "click" with me. However, CUE 2 seemed more intuitive and was able to build them, and improve them. Inheritance's unofficial CUE 2 manual (http://bit.do/CUE2M) helped a lot, but would help even more if it were completed! ;):

Oh, I did. I did use them though when I went back to CUE 1 so that I could write down all the different color groups and actions that were programmed. Then I reinstalled CUE 2, got rid of any CUE 2-related profile I could find, and then rebuild the ones I wanted from scratch. Like I said previously, I don't think I could have built them from scratch using CUE 1. That didn't "click" with me. However, CUE 2 seemed more intuitive and was able to build them, and improve them. Inheritance's unofficial CUE 2 manual (http://bit.do/CUE2M) helped a lot, but would help even more if it were completed! ;):

i mean its pretty much finished. All of the mice lighting and mice pad lighting are the exact same thing as keyboard just with less options. Anything else you think im missing?

i mean its pretty much finished. All of the mice lighting and mice pad lighting are the exact same thing as keyboard just with less options. Anything else you think im missing?

I'll go back and take a look for specifics, but I think one part that jumps out at me was a lack of descriptions for some of the lighting effect parameters. For example, I was trying to set up a color wave on my K70 and one of the parameters didn't seem to have any or much of an effect on the look. The parameter description itself didn't seem that intuitive and I swear I didn't see anything written up in your manual.

I gotta admit though, that without your reference, I have a feeling I'd still be floundering. Thank you for your diligence!:biggrin:

I'll go back and take a look for specifics, but I think one part that jumps out at me was a lack of descriptions for some of the lighting effect parameters. For example, I was trying to set up a color wave on my K70 and one of the parameters didn't seem to have any or much of an effect on the look. The parameter description itself didn't seem that intuitive and I swear I didn't see anything written up in your manual.

I gotta admit though, that without your reference, I have a feeling I'd still be floundering. Thank you for your diligence!:biggrin:

well if you find it let me know. ;):

Just had a chance to take a quick glance at your manual. I have to say there are a LOT more pictures in it than what I remember! I don't know what version I was looking at earlier, but I think most of my earlier questions would have been answered with the current version.

Thank you very much for putting all the time and effort into this. It should help those of us who try to navigate around CUE! :sunglasse

Hi There,

I can't figure out for the life of me how to see what actions are assigned to what button, and how to change it. I tried creating a macro to assign to a button, but now it appears as the selected option for EVERY button.

Additionally, the interface looks great, but the reliance on icons is maybe 1 step too far. I knew there was a firmware update, but in the setting panel I was never able to find "firmware update" until I found the link in this thread to your manual.

Thanks for the help

You will see a "Box" next to list of actions you create. At first, It will be blank so you'll need to select a button to assign the action to.

To change the assignment, Simply select the macro then change the button you want the action to be assigned to.

button.PNG.40c7cb54b3f7e6e6b581f98d0d4dc9da.PNG

(thanks for replying)

Ok, but once i do that, and then want to see what the other buttons are assigned to (by clicking on them) it then assigns that macro to THAT button as well.

http://www.bigbeanbag.net/xfer/cue-1.jpg

http://www.bigbeanbag.net/xfer/cue-2.jpg

Thanks

It's normal as the macro is still selected. You'll need to avoid clicking the button with the action selected. To see what the current button is assigned to, You'll see it on the actions list. Otherwise, the button names will generally give away what they do by default.

It's not exactly the best solution but i'll pass it along as feedback for consideration. E.g. the ability to deselect the action.

I guess the GUI is macro-centric as opposed to device-centric. Meaning it will give you a list of macros and where they are assigned, but there is no device-centric view that gives you a list of all the buttons and what they do (asides from the default - which it doesn't say whether they are set to default or not.)

Why is this important to me ? I guess because I have spent so many years with SW and settings that I need that ability to quickly check all settings to ensure that they "stick" - especially when troubleshooting. Here, every time I check, I fear I have changed something.

For my simple-user thinking, I buy a mouse and I want to configure the buttons. Unfortunately the way it is set up, CUE is a macro management utility for advanced users.

Archived