Corsair Community

H100i with FX8350 Stock Clock Temps ?

Veder

Hey Guys,

Wondering what temperatures are your guys getting on a FX8350 with the H100i ???

Idle 32c - Max 48c

Was expecting more and hoping I haven't missed anything.

Used to be my brothers but Im taking it to OC this processor and was hoping to be lower then this, Dont think theres much of a difference from my Evo 212

I can't add much in the way of expected temperatures on AMD and I have little experience with that side of the processor world. However, in comparing air versus water, try to look at more than just peak temperatures. In normal use (gaming, short loads, programs, whatever) your peak CPU temps are almost always going to be related to voltage, the design of the CPU, and the physical materials on the cold plate/transfer plate. Those materials are pretty much the same from cooler to cooler on this end of the market and their thermal transfer rate is about the same. As such, your 'spikes' are also going to be about the same, regardless of cooling system.

Where water coolers have a big advantage is in their capacity to hold heat and then dump it somewhere else, directly out of the case. You can leave your fans on low speeds most of the time, regardless of the CPU load. The fans do not need to react to every blip and bump of the CPU activity. One way to assess this is to measure the average CPU temperature over a period of time, whether mixed use, gaming, or something else. Clear your HWMonitor (or whatever) as you launch the program and check it at intervals. At this point, you likely do not have 212 Evo data of that sort, but if you are really curious I suppose you could put it back on. I have a very different CPU, but in my back and forth between a Dark Rock Pro 3 maxed out and a H110 with low to moderate fan speeds, the air tower comes in a consistent +10C on average for both gaming and extended loads like video editing.

I'm not comparing Air vs Water, Volt has always been the same on this processor in both cases but that 212 cooler is dead to me lol, I know this cooler should be doing better then what it is, thats why im asking what people with same setup is getting.

Idle 32c - Max 48c

Was expecting more and hoping I haven't missed anything.

Used to be my brothers but Im taking it to OC this processor and was hoping to be lower then this, Dont think theres much of a difference from my Evo 212

I'm not comparing Air vs Water, Volt has always been the same on this processor in both cases but that 212 cooler is dead to me lol, I know this cooler should be doing better then what it is, thats why im asking what people with same setup is getting.

Oh, I must have misunderstood. Why do you think you should be getting better temperatures?

Archived