Corsair Community

h100igtx pre paste

zadee

on the pump head is greater then the size of the cpu by quite a bit and i need to wipe it off and reapply different paste as i had to rma my motherboard and the pre paste has gotten a bit hard. my question is thusly. do i need to reapply paste in the same large circle on the pump head like it came with or can i just place a pea sized amount on my cpu and mount it normally? i'm just wondering if the large circle of the thermal paste helped to distribute heat on the underside of the pump head?

thanks!

zadee

No, use the "pea" or "rice grain" method with normal TIM. The pre-applied stuff has different physical properties by design and does not spread out the same way as most other thermal interface materials. Too much is almost always worse than too little.

No, use the "pea" or "rice grain" method with normal TIM. The pre-applied stuff has different physical properties by design and does not spread out the same way as most other thermal interface materials. Too much is almost always worse than too little.

tnx 4 ur reply! i have nuther question. can i use rubbing alcohol to take off the hardish pre applied paste thats on the pump head like you can on the cpu or should i just dry wipe it off?

zadee

Archived