Corsair Community

Twinx1024-2700LLPT 1 stick died last night

mgh79

Hi guys,

Im new to the forums here. I have like the title says, Twinx1024-2700LLPT in my machine, for about 2 years(no problems) then last night, no programs where running(I was playing PS2) and my computer monitor just turned off(No OC) and i could not get my computer to post. After seeding and reseeding everything(including processor) to no avail, I tried just using 1 stick of memory, the first try didnt work at all(same result), 2nd memory stick worked no problem....when the 2nd memory stick worked, I placed the 1st memory stick back in, would not post again. I took the 1st memory stick back out, and presto, it works. I have a question about that, I need to RMA this stick of memory, do I RMA both of my memory modules?? Remember, i have twinx1024-2700LL using a A8V deluxe made by Asus. I have other memory and computers, i tried out the stick that just died on another machine, same thing, will not post. Any help would be appreciated kindly, thanks in advance.

Matt

• Corsair Employees

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&4; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

TwinX512 or TwinX1024-2700LL

Advanced CPU/Memory Configuration:

Memclock Mode: Limit

Memclock Value: 3:2 (DDR320)

Bank Interleaving: 4/Enabled

Burst Length: 4

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

2T Command Rate: Disabled

Jumper Free/Frequency Voltage Control:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual

CPU FSB Clock: 200

DDR Voltage: 2.8 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings should be set to default settings!Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let's make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived