Corsair Community

A7N8X-Deluxe problems

flacy

CPU: Athlon XP 3200+ step 13

MB: A7N8X-Deluxe v2.0 BIOS 1008

Memory: 1Gb Twinx CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v3.1 0411011

The memory always fails memtest86's test 5. I am not overclocking. The motherboard's memory timings are 3-3-3-8. I am running at 400MHz FSB and the memory set at 100%.

ASUS tech support told me to drop the memory speed to 83% and if memtest passed, then it was the memory problem. I ran that test and it passed.

I'd like to RMA the memory if possible. I'm certainly willing to run other tests if required.

I'm running the test on a MB that's connected to a floppy and an old PCI video card. There are no drives or cards in the case.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

With a 3200+ Please set the CPU FSB Jumper to pins 2-3 and then set the following timings manually with the modules installed in slots 2-3 and test them with http://www.memtest.org to be sure.

Load setup defaults and then set:

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200 MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

RTFM.

Now I've got pins 2&3 set on the FSB jumper.

304 errors in 5 passes of test #5 so far.

The errors also show up only in the very last portion of the test (98-99% complete).

I have the sticks in slots 2 & 3.

• Corsair Employees

I would try and reset your Bios and then load setup defaults and test them again, but I have no problem replacing your modules if you want to try that.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 3 weeks later...

I received my replacement memory early last week (I had to be out of town for a while). I installed the memory last night and have been running Memtest overnight. That resulted in over 30 complete cycles of the standard test suite with no errors.

It looks like problem solved! Thanks for all your help. I will have only good things to say about Corsair memory.

Archived