Corsair Community

Carbide 600C + 89mm rad/fan WILL IT FIT?

Siracle

I'm concerned with the radiator and fans that comes with the EKWB EK-KIT X360. They total 89mm and I'm not sure if that will fit alongside my motherboard/ram in the Carbide 600C. If they don't fit, what is a similar corsair case they may be able to fit in? Graphite 760T's? open to suggestions, questions welcome!

Yeah, that's a rather thick radiator at 64mm + the 25mm standard fan. It will absolutely pass by the motherboard by 35mm and hopefully not collide with the VRM heatsink on any of the power plugs. I think the skinnier 360x120mm will pass by since it can also accommodate the wider 280x140mm.

However, two areas of concern. In the back, the rear exhaust fan appears to hang over the deepest part of the radiator mounting track. You can see this is in the promo shot below. Normally, you could slide it further forward as it has rail slots and not holes. However, I have to think a 360mm radiator will go end to end without any slide room. That also raises the possibility of a front intake fan collision as well.

What would really help is if a 600C/Q owner could measure the height from the end of the mounting track to the lowest point on the rear and front fans. Just eyeballing it, it looks a little short.

I haven't talked with anyone who has done a 360mnm in the bottom of a 600Q/C. However, from skimming the last several minutes, any time I find one, a sacrifice has been made. Usually it's the rear exhaust fan. Here is a build log from someone on the Corsair site. I haven't had time to go through it all, but there are some good pictures showing the missing angles.

Promo shot showing rear/radiator overhang on a ~52-54mm height.

http://www.corsair.com/en/~/media/96725B346FE04FC68A6870A931B405CC.ashx?w=700

This is a slightly thinner EKWB kit. Answers the question about width and heatsink clearance, but it looks like the rear fan had to go anyway. Good shot of the front clearance as well. Nice build regardless.

DSC03126.jpg

Just noticed why that kit might have grabbed your attention. 64mm is really thick. I have never used more than 50mm and can't say how much more you would get. However the answer will be in terms of watts dissipated and not cooler CPU temps. I am not sure what you have in mind, but you would need a 8-10 core CPU plus GPU in the loop to really get much more than one of EKWB's medium thickness rads in that 42-49 range. It would simplify a lot of issues, although the basic set up in the 600c would be the same. You have really need that super thick radiator to get through the difficulties.

Archived