Corsair Community

Benefits for programmers or only for gamers?

HowlingCoder

Hey there!

First of all, I hope you all had a nice Christmas :)!

I thought of buying a Strafe RGB this year but tbh I'm really unsure if one would fit to me:

I'm a programmer in first place, only in second place a gamer. So I wondered if one of you guys had good expierences with the Strafe when it comes to programming (web, games, apps).

I know that I can define several shortcuts but that's not a real selling point to me, since I had a G15 back in the days and didn't use any of the additional keys. Did the Strafe improve your productivity while coding?

Thanks for your help!

HowlingCoder

Kinda?? I have a K95 and i set up the 1-18 macros to have things like for loops, if while loops, and other crap you get to type over and over in programming. I didn't use them at first but once you get in the habit of using macros it does speed things up. I know you asked about the Strafe but that doesnt have enough keys to be worth reprogramming.

So summary, yes it can only if you set it up and get use to using macros. If not then its just another keyboard.

Hey there!

First of all, I hope you all had a nice Christmas :)!

I thought of buying a Strafe RGB this year but tbh I'm really unsure if one would fit to me:

I'm a programmer in first place, only in second place a gamer. So I wondered if one of you guys had good expierences with the Strafe when it comes to programming (web, games, apps).

I know that I can define several shortcuts but that's not a real selling point to me, since I had a G15 back in the days and didn't use any of the additional keys. Did the Strafe improve your productivity while coding?

Thanks for your help!

HowlingCoder

Well the backlighting is nice, and you can color code certain keys like brackets which might help coding efficiency,

though you probably want to select the right switch type since reds / silents are kinda soft, where you might want a click feedback type key like the blues or browns but it really comes down to user preference, some like the softer keys while others like the clicky or firmer keys, also noise is another factor where some of the louder keys are known to annoy other employees or people sleeping, so if that's important then choose a silent key.

Archived