Corsair Community

Should I Return My AX860i?

reddy

Hello guys i recently bought a AX860i PSU from amazon to build my new pc. However with all the problems many are experiencing with these units, I am thinking about sending this unit back before i open it. Its all sealed and has never been open. Did corsair acknowledge that its an issue? was it a bad batch? Can someone kindly advise what i should do? I am hoping it was a bad batch that can be identified. I can always give the a corsair rep my details. Thanks in advance.

Hello can a corsair representative kindly provide some information concerning if this issue has been resolved or if i should send this PSU back? I am more than willing to give the serial number and other information if necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

If you read the reports on problems that some people are having with this unit, then why did you buy it.

Every mass produced product can have problems, Corsair is no different. Given the amount of AX860i's out in the wild it's not sup-prizing that there are failures or units with coil noise. So why don't you install the PSU and see what happens, instead of assuming that it's faulty before you have even taken it out of the box.

Yes I have had faulty products from Corsair but,they have always exchanged them.

And No I'm not a Corsair fan boy.

If you read the reports on problems that some people are having with this unit, then why did you buy it.

Every mass produced product can have problems, Corsair is no different. Given the amount of AX860i's out in the wild it's not sup-prizing that there are failures or units with coil noise. So why don't you install the PSU and see what happens, instead of assuming that it's faulty before you have even taken it out of the box.

Yes I have had faulty products from Corsair but,they have always exchanged them.

And No I'm not a Corsair fan boy.

I'll go with his reply

Archived