Corsair Community

the unthinkable happened with my K70. i need some advice, quick!!!

anto_mck

ok so i had faulty LED's on my corsair k70 for about 6 months. had just sent an RMA request away about a week ago. im thinking to myself happy days ill be getting a new replacement soon cant wait, then i had some people over at my house for drink. just casually sitting at my computer desk and my friend was controlling itunes. next thing you know i come into the room and hes spilled vodka and some sugary drink all over my K70. nearly started crying. anyway, first thing i did was turn off the computer at the wall, disconnect the keyboard and shake it upside down to drain all the drink out. left it for a day to dry and came back to it to see how it was, luckily the electronics are working fine (im typing this on my k70 right now, its so ****ing hard) but all my keys are sticking and really hard to type. anyway, i still want to send it away for RMA because of the faulty LED's, what im wondering is, is there any indicators, like them little white stickers that turn red when water touches them, inside the keyboard? because im thinking of drowning the keyboard in an alcohol mix to clean the keys out before i send it to corsair (so they dont know that drink was spilled on it) anyway thanks, any advice would be great, sorry if any typos, this keyboard is barely usable because of how sticky all the keys are.

Can't tell you about the indicators for water damage. But you might want to reconsider sending them the keyboard. Because if they do find the water damage they will not replace your keyboard, period. And i believe you might have to pay for shipping back to you too.

As for making it less sticky, I personally recommend wiping the sticky area with 99% isopropyl alcohol, mixed with water and a few drops of soap. If the inside of the keys are sticky i would soak the keyboard instead.

Archived