Corsair Community

Questions with TwinX1024-3200XL and D865GBF

henry084

I have found my TwinX1024-3200XL have errors (about 7 in each round) while running its default SPD (DDR400 CL2-2-2-5), also DDR400 CL2-3-2-6, in Memtest 86+ v1.40. I also found the system need to be reinstalled (corrupted) when running PRIME95 with its SPD.

Only DDR400 CL2-3-3-5 or other relaxed timings (tRP > 2T)with no problems at all in Memtest 86+ v1.40.

My motherboard using is Intel D865GBF, and Vdimm is about 2.6V (I guess).

Is the memory needed to run with higher voltage in order to archive stable operation with its SPD? (i.e. Change another motherboard)

Or is my memory modules were having some problems so they cannot run with its SPD stably?

But when I search the compatibility list of my motherboard, the memory I mentioned above appeared in the list. See http://compatible.corsairmemory.com/memorysearch.aspx?modelid=477

It suppose my pair of modules should run fine with its SPD on my board........

CPU in use: P4 2.4C w/ 800MHz FSB

RAM running in dual channel mode.

Welcome to the forums, henry084!

Those modules might just be too aggressive for your mainboard, but as a whole, they're really hard to make stable under 2.75 volts.

If you can change your VDimm in the BIOS, put it up to 2.8 and see if that helps.

If you cannot change your VDimm in the BIOS, look for different memory (I.E. TwinX1024-3200C2) or a new mainboard.

PLUR

CK

Archived