Corsair Community

h100 i v2 high temps?

domjam

I just spend hours with my pc installing a new GPU and rerooting powersupply cables and installing new fans to my corsair cooler and wast i was doing all this i thought i would try reapplying thermal compound since my temps seemd higher then they should be using this cooler. 45-47. I used thermal grizely and this is my second time trying to apply thermal compound myself. i put a blob in the center and left it like that.

I had some serious trouble resetting the heatsink though and in doing so some of the compound went on the side of the motherboard and around the cpu socket. i used a cotten bud to try and remove some of it .it was only small amounts. Eventually I managed to seat the heatsink. but it was a painfull job. and during the process it kept springing up so the the heatsing already made contact with the cpu prob about 5 times. with thermal past on the cpu and heatsink. it took me about 5 atempts to get it back on. during which i did not reapply thermal past beacuse the one i allready applyd at spread on the cpu and over the motherbord a bit. yet after all this my temps seem to be worse now. 45-50 at idel at 5-7% load iv seen on other threads that people are having temps of mid 20s at idel..wtf im no were near that im in 40s..what have i done wrong? this dosent seem normal. could I of installed the fans the wrong way around?did i fail at applying the compount properly? the thermal grizzely came with a spatuler but iv never used that to spread it as from what i see and hear the pea method is the best way. which is what i did. allso as for the position of the fans I have it so the radiator is in the roof of my pc with the fans screwd under it. and corsair logo is facing downwards. i hope someone can help me im lost.

the cpu is an i5 3570k only overclocked to 4ghz

I had some serious trouble resetting the heatsink though and in doing so some of the compound went on the side of the motherboard and around the cpu socket.

I suspect you used way too much thermal compound. About the size of a small pea is what should be used. If you used more then then then start again. I would use IPA to clean off all the old compound.

Archived