Corsair Community

Corsair H110i making grinding noise

mrfrederiksen

The 115i I just picked up at the store yesterday makes the same exact noise. It's the pump. Perhaps air bubbles? Or just a defect. For me, it goes away when I switch modes from Quiet to Performance (or vice versa, don't recall). Try the two modes and see if it still makes noise.

That said, I will be returning it if it doesn't go away soon.

Yikes. Treadpool, I had hoped your sound was not this bad. This is not acceptable in my book and it would drive me insane trying to work with that in the background. This needs to be replaced. It is far too mechanical to be air bubbles and this is not likely something that will go away on its own.

You have a couple of options:

1) Return this to the vendor you purchased from as defective and take the replacement or a refund. Chances are this is the fastest and easiest option.

2) If they are unfriendly with returns or smack you with inappropriate restocking, shipping fees, etc., then start a technical help ticket with Cosair and RMA the unit through them directly. With a brand new unit, they generally will pay the return postage. It is also non-binding, so if you start the process and then decide to go another direction before shipping it back, you can stop. Where you live in the world may also determine whether this is a viable option. In some locales, the service or exchange may be made through a local dealer. Unfortunately, no way to know that until you go through the paperwork.

My noise isn't as bad as OP but it's the same *sound* at a slightly lower level. Still, yes, absolutely annoying though. I'd still recommend trying putting it on its side overnight to see if that helps alleviate the noise at all while waiting for a replacement.

Archived