Corsair Community

Well done

I purchased 2 cmx512-3200c2 v5.1 to upgrade my asus p4c800-e mobo. It was running fine with twin cmx512-3200c2pt v3.1 for 3 months. I used computer just fine 15 minutes before the upgrade. The two new modules were seated properly and secured tight in the same channel. When the computer was powered on nothing posted and I smelled something cook'n. I immediately turned off power and found one of the new modules scorched as well as a chip on my mobo next to the dimms. I was able to return one of the new modules but not the one that was fried.

My old memory smells cooked as well.

But you were sure to unplug the power cord & earth yourself while making sure youre not standing on carpet when you were doing this right? You didn't do anything like rubbing your shirt or your jeans/pants? your hands were clean & dry right? This sounds like a static attack to me...

But you were sure to unplug the power cord & earth yourself while making sure youre not standing on carpet when you were doing this right? You didn't do anything like rubbing your shirt or your jeans/pants? your hands were clean & dry right? This sounds like a static attack to me...

Yes to all the above.

Archived