Corsair Community

K65 RGB Malfuctioning

jenil1428569

My keyboard was working fine yesterday, then after turning my PC on today, the keyboard backlighting was not my profile; instead series of random lighting profiles.

In addition to that, my keyboard was not working at all. The profile tab of CUE software was not selectable, and it said that no device was connected. I did a little search on the internet and did what pretty much showed up as 'solutions'.

I uninstalled the CUE software, uninstalled the driver from device manager, rebooted, installed it again, set the polling rate to BIOS, and such, yet it does not work at all. When I delete the driver and plug it in, it does say that windows is installing drivers for new device, but that's it.

My best guess is that there is something wrong with the firmware, but apparently it seems that I am not allowed to manually reset the firmware myself for some reason.

Sounds like the keyboard is in demo mode.

Unplugging and replugging the keyboard should resolve the issue. If not, try pressing ESC while plugging the keyboard in and see if that resolves your issue.

Pressing ESC while plugging in worked like a magic; my keyboard is now functioning.

The problem now is that my CUE software still does not detect my keyboard at all.

Still, thanks for the solution.

Archived