Corsair Community

Atrocious quality control. *3rd* keyboard faulty + RAM DOA

Grovi

I am severely disappointed with the quality control at corsair, provided any exists at all. A couple of months ago I set out to build my system, and after hearing nothing but good things about the reliability of corsair, I chose them for my cooling, RAM, and keyboard. My original purchase was

- 32 GB DDR4 RAM (2600 MHz)

- Corsair H100i cooling system

- K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard

Out of the box, the RAM had a faulty stick, and the keyboard had some extremely loud coil whine when the LEDs were turned on. I was a little bummed and returned both the RAM and keyboard for a new set. The RAM this time worked perfectly, however the 2nd keyboard (this time a K70 LUX with cherry MX red switches), had exactly the same coil whine issue. I returned it yet again for a full refund, and went to a totally different store to get a K70 with cherry MX browns. Things went well for a while until yesterday. I turned on my computer to find that LEDs were flickering, and one seemed to be irreparably damaged. I tested on several different systems, updated the firmware, played around with the lighting software, but nothing changed. Unfortunately this time it had been too long to get a full refund, but I wish to god I had given up long ago. I took the keyboard back to the store I bought it from, and they advised that I let them RMA it. I did so, and reading online it seems like I will more than likely be without a keyboard for a fair while. So in the end, the following products were faulty.

- 32 GB DDR4 RAM (2600 MHz)

- K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard

- K70 RGB LUX (Cherry MX Red)

- K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

4 out of 5 faulty products is completely unacceptable for the price that they charge. These items were from 3 different Australia based stores, so there's no way this is due to just one bad batch. I am extremely dissapointed, and this has really left a sour taste in my mouth after hearing so much good.

There was a small batch of keyboards that had a coil whine issue, if you got it exchanged at the same store the first time then (unfortunately) the new one had the same issue for sure being from the same batch. A direct RMA with Corsair at the time would have solved it, but you weren't aware of it so not really your fault.

As for the RMA of your other keyboard, it would have been faster to send it to Corsair directly. You could have chosen the Express RMA option which lets you receive first a new keyboard and then you send back your broken one.

There was a small batch of keyboards that had a coil whine issue, if you got it exchanged at the same store the first time then (unfortunately) the new one had the same issue for sure being from the same batch. A direct RMA with Corsair at the time would have solved it, but you weren't aware of it so not really your fault.

As for the RMA of your other keyboard, it would have been faster to send it to Corsair directly. You could have chosen the Express RMA option which lets you receive first a new keyboard and then you send back your broken one.

Is the express RMA option available outside of the united states? i would sure want to make use of that...

The express RMA option is great, but in the end I managed to find my old Logitech keyboard, which will get the job done in the meantime. I did consider it, but posting out of Australia to the RMA address has some pretty steep postage costs. In the end I figured it would be better to wait it out and go through the retailer.

Archived