Corsair Community

Corsair drivers removal question . . . red-ray?

Realism51

Red-ray, you seem the most up to date and knowledgeable when it comes to this god awful Link system. I want to keep using the hardware and plug the fans for my H80i into the mobo fan pins, controlling speed that way. Obviously I can uninstall the link software with no issues, my listed drivers are "Windows driver package - Corsair components, (SIUSBXP) 3.6" and Corsair Link USB Dongle (Driver Removal). Would uninstalling these cause any immediate bad effects? Like would the fans suddenly stop spinning or the pump stop operating?

Traced some interrupts back to corsair caused.

plug the fans for my H80i into the mobo fan pins, controlling speed that way.

Obviously I can uninstall the link software with no issues, my listed drivers are "Windows driver package - Corsair components, (SIUSBXP) 3.6" and Corsair Link USB Dongle (Driver Removal). Would uninstalling these cause any immediate bad effects?

Is it really an H80i rather than a H80iV2 or H80iGT?

The two driver packages are used for AXi PSUs and Asetek coolers so if you really have the Coolit H80i they don't get used anyway.

You could remove them and the cooler will still operate, but if you do then you may as well unplug the cooler USB cable as well.

On my systems I leave the drivers installed so that AIDA64 + HWiNFO + SIV (obviously) can report the pump speed and control the LEDs.

Yup, positive its an H80i. Purchased about 3 years ago and the cpu block is more square whereas the V2 and GT are more rounded. Looked at Corsair's product line up just to aid in confirmation, says the H80i only does white LED accents, mine can do RGB. Wonder if they dropped it from the description to sell that V2.

I was thinking of just linking pump up like a fan state that gives either functioning or not.

Removed those two drivers. Probably not related, but Im noticing my cpu temps bouncing and higher at idle (jumping from 33 up to 42 and back down in that area)

Thanks for pointing out what those drivers do. Installed all these years and had no idea it was for a PSU support. :D:

Archived