Corsair Community

High Voltage Memory Recommendation?

Teufel

Hi to All!

I use the voltmodded Epox 8KDA3+, so I can increase Vdimm up to 3,5V - my Patriot 2x256 XBLK runs DDR530 2-3-3-6 on 3,3V.

Could you suggest the XMS memory (BH-6 or smth similar) which is available on market (it is no possible for meto find the old revisions) and can run with agressive timings with a 3,3-3,5V?

The retailers in Moscow offers only PC4000PRO which is, as far as i heard, would not so good for me...

Welcome to the forums!

The BH-5 (and I think the BH-6) "loved" voltage, but I've never heard of any other IC that loved voltage as much as them, in fact some of the newer stuff doesn't like high voltages at all. I could recommend some of their older stuff, but it isn't made any more, and you said you couldn't find any of it.

All of Corsair's memory is warrantied up to, but not over, 2.9 volts, so officially none of it can be recommended for 3.3 to 3.5 volts.

Unofficially, I haven't heard of any of the new stuff liking high voltages. The 3200XLs OC very well, but don't like the high voltages.

I haven't really heard of ANY IC other than the BH-5 that really liked voltage now that I think of it.

I've heard of some using PC4000 or PC3500 with pretty high voltages, but if you've got any new modules, then it's sort of a thing of the past.

Many times, even a low voltage will still perform well with the newest IC's!

PLUR

CK

P.S. 2.8 w/ XMS 3200XL (TCCD IC's)

Archived