Corsair Community

Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse: Initialization issue

dada

Hi,

I bought a Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse and found it has an initialization issue.

I haven't any issue with my other mice (a Logitech M500 and a cheap mouse), Corsair Utility and Corsair mouse firmware are updated, and I tested the Corsair mouse on 3 different computers and 3 different OS, always getting the same problem.

Issue:

* Under Windows 10, when the desktop is loaded, it sometimes happens that the mouse is off. Lights are off and I don't have a mouse cursor. I can wait but it never initialize.

I have to unplug the mouse, plug it again then wait 10-20 seconds to get a working mouse.

* Under Ubuntu 16.04, I get the same issue.

* I recently installed Arch Linux and found the same issue. I also found an error, when Udev automatically detects hardware at OS boot.

If I use my Logitech M500 mouse, this detection is really fast (like 1 second) without error, but if I use the Corsair mouse the detection takes around 10 seconds and displays an error:

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B2F.0007: usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed: -1

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: usbhid 3-6:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

So I booted the system, unplugged and plugged again the mouse and displayed the last kernel messages, we can see the same error:

déc. 08 15:40:26 fractal kernel: usb 3-6: new full-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd

déc. 08 15:40:26 fractal kernel: input: Corsair Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-6/3-6:1.0/0003:1B1C:1B2F.0006/input/i

déc. 08 15:40:26 fractal kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B2F.0006: input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Corsair Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse] on usb-0000:00:14

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B2F.0007: usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed: -1

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B2F.0007: timeout initializing reports

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: input: Corsair Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-6/3-6:1.1/0003:1B1C:1B2F.0007/input/i

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: hid-generic 0003:1B1C:1B2F.0007: input,hiddev0,hidraw4: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Corsair Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse] on usb-00

déc. 08 15:40:36 fractal kernel: usbhid 3-6:1.2: couldn't find an input interrupt endpoint

I made a search on the web and found this, from someone who seems trustable (moderator on unix.stackexchange.com with 3600+ answers):

http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/116642

His conclusion is quite direct:

"Well given all the above, it looks like either the mouse is defective or just poorly designed, so really the only option is to swap it out for another mouse."

* To be sure that I don't get an issue with my motherboard (running with last BIOS update), I tested the mouse on a HP Pavillon A6220 desktop and on an Packard Bell PAV80 netbook, running the Arch Linux USB installer and saw the same kernel error.

I also tried USB v3 port, front and back... same error.

If you need more informations, or have some tests to do under Windows or Linux, I'll help you.

But let me tell you that I'm quite disapointed that a 50 € mouse has this kind of major issue. I don't know if this is only on my mouse or a more general firmware issue, but actually I can't recommend and won't plan to buy any other Corsair product, until we can fix this.

I found that CUE was not up-to-date, cause the update button doesn't work. It displays something like "Update process stopped with an error", without giving the error...

So I installed the last version but it changes nothing for this issue. I suppose the mouse firmware is up-to-date but I find nothing to verify it or get a version number. And the last CUE version still has the same error when I click "Update".

Well, I don't know how much this helps, but I'm having the same problem.

In my case, I used the mouse for a good while on firmware 2.03 without issue and it started happening only after I updated it to 2.04.

Did this happen to you on older firmware as well, or did you only ever use it on 2.04?

To make matters worse, Corsair doesn't seem to host older FW versions publicly, and my local Corsair support has been dodging my requests for a copy of version 2.03 for more than a week now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I wasn't notified that I got an answer, I'll check if email notifications are enabled...

I never changed firmware and the Corsair utility is unable to check for updates for an unknown reason.

I'll try to have a look at firmwares...

I also discover that Corsair doesn't care about users reporting bugs on their forum... I'll add this to my reviews I plan to post on the web about this mouse, if nothing new in next weeks. Sites like Amazon are a lot used by customers before to buy a product.

I have had this issue with not only Corsair mice (KATAR, Sabre RGB) on Windows 10 but other brands too. It happens with one of the laptops I use from time to time too (Laptop has Windows 10, RemixOS and Ubuntu).

And Corsair will help you faster if you make a ticket on their support.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

I bought a Corsair Gaming SABRE RGB Mouse and found it has an initialization issue.

I haven't any issue with my other mice (a Logitech M500 and a cheap mouse), Corsair Utility and Corsair mouse firmware are updated, and I tested the Corsair mouse on 3 different computers and 3 different OS, always getting the same problem.

Issue:

* Under Windows 10, when the desktop is loaded, it sometimes happens that the mouse is off. Lights are off and I don't have a mouse cursor. I can wait but it never initialize.

I have to unplug the mouse, plug it again then wait 10-20 seconds to get a working mouse.

* Under Ubuntu 16.04, I get the same issue.

* I recently installed Arch Linux and found the same issue. I also found an error, when Udev automatically detects hardware at OS boot.

If I use my Logitech M500 mouse, this detection is really fast (like 1 second) without error, but if I use the Corsair mouse the detection takes around 10 seconds and displays an error:

So I booted the system, unplugged and plugged again the mouse and displayed the last kernel messages, we can see the same error:

I made a search on the web and found this, from someone who seems trustable (moderator on unix.stackexchange.com with 3600+ answers):

http://unix.stackexchange.com/a/116642

His conclusion is quite direct:

"Well given all the above, it looks like either the mouse is defective or just poorly designed, so really the only option is to swap it out for another mouse."

* To be sure that I don't get an issue with my motherboard (running with last BIOS update), I tested the mouse on a HP Pavillon A6220 desktop and on an Packard Bell PAV80 netbook, running the Arch Linux USB installer and saw the same kernel error.

I also tried USB v3 port, front and back... same error.

If you need more informations, or have some tests to do under Windows or Linux, I'll help you.

But let me tell you that I'm quite disapointed that a 50 € mouse has this kind of major issue. I don't know if this is only on my mouse or a more general firmware issue, but actually I can't recommend and won't plan to buy any other Corsair product, until we can fix this.

I have the same issue as you with my Sabre RGB. What motherboard do you have in your desktop PC?

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, have this problem.

My MB is a Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H. I tested with fast, ultra-fast and normal boot modes and all available USB-Ports. After I first ran into the issue, I retured the mouse to the retailer because I thought it faulty. The replacement mouse performed flawlessly for maybe 4 weeks, until I upgraded the firmware to 2.04 (which I did with the first one directly after install). Unfortunately, I have no idea which firmware version I upgraded from, or where to get old ones (can't find any on the corsair websites).

Where I couldn't identify any pattern of the mouse staying offline by booting from powered state (windows shutdown, power still plugged), I noticed a 100% chance of the mouse staying "dead" with a cold boot after the system was powerless. Interestingly, during POST the mouse is indeed powered but "shuts down" afterwards. I can't say if this problem is indeed related to the firmwareupdate, because I only noticed it after upgrading.

I got a ticket with corsair support, but noone seems to care, so I hope we might find a workaround in the forum.

Kind regards

LOKIoA

EDIT: Both my very old Logitech M500 and my Razer Taipan perform flawlessly, regardless which powerstate I boot from. With and without the corresponding softwares (setpoint and synapse).

• 2 weeks later...

I am another user with same Sabre RGB problem.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5. The mouse is on occasion not detected at startup in Windows 10 or 7 (I dual boot). It also comes up with a message that the firmware needs to be updated. However if I click on the update button, the mouse reports being up to date.

I am using software version 1.16.42. I also tried the latest version V2 software, but that did not fix the problem and had other issues so I rolled it back to version 1.

No other mouse connected to my motherboard exhibits any problems. And this Sabre RGB mouse is a replacement under warranty for a earlier model Sabre that had the wheel fail. That mouse never had any detection issues on startup.

Update:

I use Avast Free Antivirus. Aprox. 3 weeks ago I excluded the folder containing CUE software from avast-monitoring. Since then, the warm boot-problem did not occur again. Due to the randomness of the problem, I can't conclude it solved yet. I'll keep you informed. Cold booting after power-off still results in a non responding mouse.

Regards

LOKI

Archived