Corsair Community

h100i v2 mounting

Chaton

Anyone ever had the wrong thumb screw sizes while installing the h100i v2? After installing the backplate with the standoffs and all, I noticed my thumb screws were too small for the standoffs. It seems to be the same size as the part of the standoff that screws into the backplate.

I even looked in the installation manual and found out that the thumb screws there don't look exactly like the ones I have...

Anyone ever had the wrong thumb screw sizes while installing the h100i v2? After installing the backplate with the standoffs and all, I noticed my thumb screws were too small for the standoffs. It seems to be the same size as the part of the standoff that screws into the backplate.

I even looked in the installation manual and found out that the thumb screws there don't look exactly like the ones I have...

You're using the wrong standoffs. I'm guessing you either have the black AMD ones or the LGA2011 ones in there. The correct standoffs are the ones, as you say, that have the same thread on both sides. If you're missing those you should contact Corsair to get the right ones. The LGA2011 ones are shorter on one side, the AMD ones are equal length but are black (instead of dark silver) and have one side as M3 (or whatever it is) and the other as 6/32. You need the ones with the two M3 sides (the third set, not either of those two).

Alternatively there is a way to use those standoffs instead (the AMD ones at least). Simply get some 6-32 UTS standard thread nuts (Home Depot, etc.) and secure them with a socket. It's a little harder install than thumbscrews but it'll work fine this way as well. Since the standoffs are the same height you don't have to be worried about over or under tightening, as the nuts will bottom out at the same height as the thumbscrews would on the correct standoffs.

Archived