Corsair Community

H 105 dying?

Gizmowithatt

Hi my H 105 is acting strange, it's all OK the fans an pump works on boot up, and after I enter windows the pump light goes off and also the fans stop working.

The fans burst into life occasionally, for a few seconds it says in the BIOS that the fans are working!

Do you think the pump is dying?:confused:

P.s I have stopped using that PC till I find out what's happening

Unfortunately, the H105 is probably not the issue. Since the fans and pump are powered on separate lines and with no connection between their operation, an interruption of power seems the most likely. Whether that is on the board itself or the power supply is another matter, but that's the place the look. Obviously make sure the H105 and fans are plugged completely in. Also check your 24 pin ATX cable and any other support cables the supply the motherboard. Make sure you do this with the power OFF. I am not sure what to suggest beyond that. It's a somewhat unusual problem.

I had assumed from the first post the condition started on power up, but the mention this only occurring after Windows loads made me think of a mis-tuned AI Suite/Fan Xpert. If the software tries to run the fans and pump below the minimal voltage this can happen and they struggle to fire up near that threshold.

In the BIOS, make sure whichever header is connected to the pump is set to "Full Speed", 100%, 12v, PWM or whichever language is used in your version. The pump needs to stay at 12v all the time. This can happen to the fans as well, if you restrict the voltage to a PWM fan. For the fan header, you don't need "Full Speed", but make sure it is set to PWM control in the Q-Fan box at the bottom or in the advanced BIOS. This would be true for any software or BIOS control of the fans.

Archived