Corsair Community

Bad CMX512-3200C2 Module

paniccom

I went to install Microsoft Win XP on a brand new computer I assembled, and could not get Win XP to install. After a very long time with MS tech support, the tech said he had one more thing he wanted to try, since it was on his list of possible problems. He asked if I had any other memory modules, because a bad one could prevent Windows from installing properly. My other computer had dual TwinX modules, so I took one out and installed it in the new computer. The problem was solved immediately. I would like to exchange the bad module for a new one. Thankyou.

• Corsair Employees
Yes, please tell me our modules part# and can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Yes, please tell me our modules part# and can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I will have to get back to you on any info, but being an almost identical Corsair memory module fixed the problem, I'd have to agree with Microsoft that the memory module is bad. I hope this isn't going to be a big hassle to get you to agree to replace it, as I specifically bought your brand because of what I'd heard about it's quality, and that you stand behind your product. I'll try to get back with the info. soon, but I have to tell you I'm alreeady starting to get an "Uh-Oh" feeling about your company. I'm sorry to say that, but this is a lot of trouble for me to go through when I work so many hours.

• Corsair Employees
Not at all, and I have no problem replacing any of our modules even if I dont think that's the problem. But if you have a module or bios setting that is not compatible with this system doing an RMA on the module will not solve the problem. Lets just be sure!

Archived