Corsair Community

Cue 2.6.79 and Link 4.3.0.154 issues

Paulw1344

I recently had to delete my link and cue software from my PC ( along with quite a few other programs) due to a malware infection. I'm having issues now when doing the reinstall of the two programs.

Symptoms

Link

-install will run, seem to do a full install

- at the end the box is checked to "run Link 4"

- upon exit the program doesn't run and there are no shortcuts or even an install path anywhere to be found

I have a H115i and it's showing up under my devices and I've checked my temps and they all seem to be fine so luckily I know the device is working, which I was worried about but it would be nice to be able to link all my corsair products together and control them in a simple app like I use to able to do.

Now the CUE software is a bit stranger, I've followed all the step that are listed in the knowledge base on uninstalling the CUE software.

-Symptoms

- running install take me all the way up to the install product

- receive an error message right off the bat

I'd have to rerun it to get a new log since it seems I didn't save the last one but it seems to say it's trying to grab install files from the server side for some reason and it can not be reached

I may have something wrong with my windows install since I had some security changes done due to the Trojan infection I had.

Any help would be awesome

It may be best to run a SFC scan and see if it can repair any corrupt files or missing files from the injection.

To run a SFC scan, open CMD as admin and type SFC /SCANNOW

I tried that about 20 times, oddly enough going through my security, app and program settings in windows 10 and I realized that many things had been changed by the malware infection. I had to do a complete re-install of my windows to fix everything that was changed

They craziest thing is this infection isn't even named yet, it seems to hide in app data folder and when windows calls out for a driver that was previously installed to reinfect the system.

I used Kali to do some forensics on it and it uses redirects when the infected system calls for an update. It also used the roaming app data to stick around (ever notice how your password for Bitdefender is still there after an uninstall? It's kinda like that but sneaker changing file associations as well)

Archived