Corsair Community

Volume Rocker Not Working in Games

skorpien

I have a first gen K70 RGB with the latest firmware installed. I used to be able to adjust the volume in-game using the volume rocker, but lately it hasn't been working. I have to Win-Tab out of the game to adjust the volume then Win-Tab back in.

The only thing that's changed is that I installed the CUE software. It was working fine before that. I'd rather not have to uninstall CUE if I can. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Win 10 Home x64, FW 2.05, CUE 2.6.79

It doesn't matter which game I play it seems. It happens in Tomb Raider, Skyrim Special Edition, and Darksiders that I've tried so far.

I can't adjust the Windows volume in-game, I'm not sure how I could bind the rocker to control the in-game volume or if it's possible...

The volume up/down and mute used to bring up the overlay over top of the game when I used them. Now the overlay fails to come up and the volume doesn't change at all. I have to either Win-Tab to the desktop (the rocker works when I'm not running any games) or I have to use the in-game volume setting which is much more inconvenient as I can't do it on the fly.

Unfortunately uninstalling CUE didn't work. Now I'm beginning to question my sanity. I swear I was able to control the volume in game before.

I've come across others having issues with media keys not working within certain programs and it seems their issues stem from Windows not allowing the media keys to function on elevated programs (running as admin). Don't know if this applies to my case, but being desperate I tried running CUE, Steam and the games as admin with no luck. I'm completely stumped...

Archived