Corsair Community

2700 gone bad

chachi3568

I had purchased a pair of ddr2700 512 sticks of memory. everything ran flawlessly for quite some time (over a year). Then one day I was getting alot of unexplained errors and they were always different errors. After some troubleshooting I removed the "bad" stick and the errors stopped. I reinstalled the "bad" stick and the errors came back. I am ow running the solo 512 at this time and again I have no problems. I had apparently lost the receipt for the memory and cannot recall the name of the supplier that I had purchased it from.

So I have no support from the supplier. I need your help :) Thanks

What is the exact part # and version of each memory stick? What motherboard / CPU / FSB do you have?

Both sticks are xms2700 v1.1 cm64sd256-2700cx2h. The motherboard I was using first was 333 fsb soltek with an xp2000 chip. I am currently using the xp2000 chip but have upgraded the motherboard to an Epox 400 mhz fsb

• Corsair Employees
I would try and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure. And if you do indeed find you have a failing module, I would suggest we replace the pair. In addition, the suggested settings for 2 XMS2700C2 modules would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 as well.

Ok. I have downloaded memtest and ran it all day while I was at work. I noticed that there were no errors. Bios was set to default and dimm voltage was set to 2.7. I rebooted the machine. Now that the ram is at working temp I got nothing but errors with memtest. I removed the "bad"stick and reinstalled the other, left all settings alone and no problems. I reran memtest after everything was at working temperature and all is well.

Archived