Corsair Community

RGB Strafe LED issue

apexi0000

I recently purchased the RGB Strafe (Brown MX Switches) and had it for a month and an issue occurred with my ":/;" key LED. On a static white profile, the key appears to be turquoise, on a yellow one the key is green, etc. So it seems like this key in particular is just discolored for some reason. I have reinstalled the drivers and reinstalled the CUE software but the issue still stands. Periodically the key will behave normally but only for a few minutes as it reverts back. This happened immediately after a power outage so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Pictures are below:

http://imgur.com/a/HBwdV

I created a ticket and a representative gave me the steps and necessary files to flash my keyboard but it doesn't seem like I'm able to flash it. The steps that were given to me were:

Flashing Keyboard with ISP method:

1. Get a paper clip and bend one of tip so you can use it as insertion tool

2. Find the hole located under the left keyboard raiser

3. Before proceeding to next step, make sure the keyboard is not connected any USB port on your PC

4. Use the paperclip to push and hold the switch hidden under the hole. You can feel when the switch is pressed.

5. While the switch is pressed, connect the keyboard to any working USB port on your PC

6. Once connected, CRP_DISABLED drive will open through file manager window

7. Inside this CRP_DISABLED drive, you will find a file firmware.bin

8. Select that file, right click with your mouse and delete it

9. Copy the appropriate ISP (firmware) file into CRP_DISABLED drive

- Strafe RGB firmware: “STRAFERGB_ISP_V205.bin”

10. Once copied, re-plug the USB cable to finish the firmware update

I unplugged my keyboard and got a paper clip to press the button next to the raiser but when I plug it in, nothing happens (the keyboard works but still has the issue I described above). There's supposed to be a "CRP_DISABLED" drive that pops up once I plug my keyboard back into my USB port but it doesn't actually happen. It doesn't seem like the button is actually doing anything and I've tried multiple times, held down the button longer, and tried using different USB ports. I don't really want to RMA the thing because of the inconvenience of not having a keyboard

UPDATE: Wasn't holding down the button while plugging the keyboard back into the computer. Keyboard's firmware was sucessfully flashed but the issue still persists. If you have a similar problem like I did you will need to get a replacement.

I created a ticket and a representative gave me the steps and necessary files to flash my keyboard but it doesn't seem like I'm able to flash it. The steps that were given to me were:

Flashing Keyboard with ISP method:

1. Get a paper clip and bend one of tip so you can use it as insertion tool

2. Find the hole located under the left keyboard raiser

3. Before proceeding to next step, make sure the keyboard is not connected any USB port on your PC

4. Use the paperclip to push and hold the switch hidden under the hole. You can feel when the switch is pressed.

5. While the switch is pressed, connect the keyboard to any working USB port on your PC

6. Once connected, CRP_DISABLED drive will open through file manager window

7. Inside this CRP_DISABLED drive, you will find a file firmware.bin

8. Select that file, right click with your mouse and delete it

9. Copy the appropriate ISP (firmware) file into CRP_DISABLED drive

- Strafe RGB firmware: “STRAFERGB_ISP_V205.bin”

10. Once copied, re-plug the USB cable to finish the firmware update

I unplugged my keyboard and got a paper clip to press the button next to the raiser but when I plug it in, nothing happens (the keyboard works but still has the issue I described above). There's supposed to be a "CRP_DISABLED" drive that pops up once I plug my keyboard back into my USB port but it doesn't actually happen. It doesn't seem like the button is actually doing anything and I've tried multiple times, held down the button longer, and tried using different USB ports. I don't really want to RMA the thing because of the inconvenience of not having a keyboard

UPDATE: Wasn't holding down the button while plugging the keyboard back into the computer. Keyboard's firmware was sucessfully flashed but the issue still persists. If you have a similar problem like I did you will need to get a replacement.

Call in to corsair support and ask for a express RMA. You will need to provide them with a credit card, but then they can ship you the keyboard first and wait for you to send yours back.

Archived