Corsair Community

Setting up 3200LLpro

xDx

Hey all i was hoping someone here could help me out, as im a complete newbie on this subject :o:

I wanted to know what latencies my ram should operate at, and if they are running at there best (hardcore OC excluded) -

2x Twinx 3200LLPro - 512mb each - dual channel

Running 146.7MHz at fsb:dram 3:2 - 2.0-4-4-8

My system -

Asus p4c800-E delux - intel 875p

p4 3.0 (running at 3.3) northwood - fsb 220MHz

Doesnt quite seem right to me, but what do i know :confused:

Corsair produc sheet mentions 200MHz - 2-3-2-6, but i thought i better ask, some1 who knows about thise things before i fry anything :sunglasse

Thanks in advance

Well that depends on what you wish to achieve... You're using the 3:2 divider making your CPU faster than your memory. It's your call, BUT I personally prefer 1:1 because memory bandwidth is far more important than CPU clock. The beauty of it all is using 1:1 and overclocking the FSB making both the CPU & memory faster...

So go in your bios, find the menu that's named something like "Advanced Chipset Features" & Do the following :

Find the divider that's at 3:2 & put it back to 1:1

put CPU external frequency to [200 MHz] at first.

put Memory timings at [OPTIMAL] : make sure that they are at 2-3-2-6 200MHz

Then start if you like, overclocking. Basic idea is only touching the cpu external frequency by small increments, thus making both the cpu & memory go up at the same time...

So, like I said a few points at a time testing everytime with

MEMTEST86 as you go along...

Hope this helped!

Ah yes it did thx alot, seemed the overclocking slowed my system down more then it helped (so much for there build-in easy oc feature). Got a 1:1 ration now and 200 points more in 3Dmark05, despite being back to 3.0GHz :roll:

Anyway thxa lot, guess my next project will be to get a "working" oc =)

Archived