Corsair Community

Illumination problem (keys stay black)

kjxor

Hi there,

I just recently got the K70 LUX with just the red lighting.

This is my problem: (I have the latest version of CUE & keyboard firmware)

I want to have static lighting, easy peasy, nothing fancy. When first entering CUE the default illumination is set to Visor (lights work). When i change the effect to static color all the keys go black, no matter the opacity level. All other preset effects work just fine but as I said, i don't want moving lighting stuff.

So, I discovered this: when switching to the advanced mode and creating a profile for static light the keys still stay black BUT when i view the library and create a static effect there the lights come up and stay BUT as soon as I leave the library the lights go out again. WTF?!

What exactly is the problem? Software bug? Firmware bug? Do I keep making a mistake with the profiles/effects? I just can't figure it out and would appreciate any kind of help! :)

Thanks guys & let the support begin :sigh!:

Hello,

Seeing his problem, I have to ask a similar question, too .

I bought a K65 Vengeance and it stays dark, as it turns out none of the switches have illumination-LED . Is my K65 Vengeance Keyboard with Illuminationless MX switches normal or fake ?

Since the question seems too ridiculous for the support to respond (Arturo is a man of few words) , I persume there are no chinese fakes, but experience has made me wary recently so i need some (preferrably official) response (which is why i am here if i am honest) .

Part number: CH-9000040-FR Lot Code: 137315448468 french Version AZERTY

Forummaster? Do "dark" k65Vengeance keyboards exist ?

Hello,

Seeing his problem, I have to ask a similar question, too .

I bought a K65 Vengeance and it stays dark, as it turns out none of the switches have illumination-LED . Is my K65 Vengeance Keyboard with Illuminationless MX switches normal or fake ?

Since the question seems too ridiculous for the support to respond (Arturo is a man of few words) , I persume there are no chinese fakes, but experience has made me wary recently so i need some (preferrably official) response (which is why i am here if i am honest) .

Part number: CH-9000040-FR Lot Code: 137315448468 french Version AZERTY

Forummaster? Do "dark" k65Vengeance keyboards exist ?

From your product code your your keyboard is the old/legacy K65 Vengeance, that one has no backlight as far as I know.

When you select a static color you have to manually select all the keys you want the color to apply. The pre-defined effects are automatically applied to all keys, static colors are not.

OMG, I love you!

This did it for me. Too bad there is no tooltip for that important piece of information.

Thank you! :biggrin:

Archived