Corsair Community

K70 RGB Rapidfire 1000Hz problem

Tobalex

Hello,

i got my new K70 RGB Rapidfire keyboard 2 days ago and i noticed one problem. When i have the switch at the back set to 1000Hz the keyboard won't get recognized by windows. It just lights up that's it. I can't type. When i set it to 500Hz it works and i can change it to 1000Hz afterwards without any problems. Does anyone recognize this problem and can help me?

I think the keyboard itself is fine and my hardware shouldn't be a problem either so it is probably a problem with windows or some software that is installed.

The firmware is up to date and the CUE too.

Ok i updated all the drivers again. Some where outdated a bit but not by much. So that can't be the problem. I still have to do the bios update but because this will mess with my overclock again that's one of the lasts things i want to try.

Also how can you check that the usb ports are controlled by the chipset? To be honest i thought all are connected like that anyways. I use the ports on the back of the motherboard so they should be good.

After i did some research i found out that there might be a problem with USB 3.0. Even windows says that the keyboard does not support usb 3.0.

Currently i have both usb plugs in usb 3.0 ports because i don't have any 2.0 on the backside. But a 180€ keyboard that doesn't work with usb 3.0? I don't think that is the problem ^^

What i also noticed is that these problems only occur after a cold boot. During the night i disconnect the computer from any power source. If i do a restart or just let it shut down without unplugging it completely this problem does not happen. It get's recognized without any problem. Even at 1000Hz.

No not all usb ports are controlled by the chipset no matter where they are placed. To check which ports are chipset controlled you would have to ask the mobo manufacturer or look in a manual.

They keyboard supports 3.0. That's not the problem. If its not detecting it after a cold boot but works fine on restart then it very likely a bios or chipset problem.

Ok so i checked the manual and it turned out that i was wrong. I do have usb 2.0 connectors but no 3.0 connectors. Just 3.1 Gen1 and 3.1 Gen2. The gen 2 ports are controlled by the ASMedia® ASM1142 Chipset but i didn't used them anyway. I had the keyboard in a usb 2.0 port and the passthrough in a 3.1 port. What i tried now is to put both in the 3.1 Gen 1 ports and after a quick test (20 seconds without power) it worked.

Now i just have to hope that it stays like that otherwise i will try the 2 usb 2.0 ports. If that doesn't help i will do the bios update.

Archived