Corsair Community

h100i v2 - fan rpm 0

houmi

Hi everyone -

I recently finished setting up a system with this cooler.

- The USB link cable is connected to the usb 2.0 port on motherboard and to the pump

- Pump power cable connected to CPU_FAN pin on mb

- The two power cables from pump connected to the two radiator fans

when I boot to the system the corsair link shows in the h100 section the pump temperature (30c ish), fan rpm set to 0, pump rpm between 1-2k

Is there a reason the fan rpm is set to 0 ?

I then decided to disconnect the two radiator fans from the pump power cable and connected them to the cpu_fan and cpu_opt pins on mb and connected the pump power cable to w_pump pin instead. (motherboard has all three)

Upon powering back, I see that fan rpm is still set to 0 in the h100i section of corsair link software.

I decided to then install the Asus utilities and I see that cpu_fan is indeed working (same with bios) -- is this a corsair link software bug ?

Thanks,

Houman

At a guess you failed to disable CPU_FAN header control in the BIOS so the H100iV2 is noy getting the constant +12 volts it needs.

You should add you PC specs to your profile as this makes it easier for others to help you.

I further suspect failed to read http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371 which says:

Q: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite don’t seem to work together. What’s up with that?

A: Corsair Link and ASUS AI Suite frequently monitor the same devices in your system. Because of this, they can conflict with one another and cause the other to lock up or be unstable. Please exit out of AI Suite completely before using Corsair Link, and vice-versa.

At a guess you failed to disable CPU_FAN header control in the BIOS so the H100iV2 is noy getting the constant +12 volts it needs.

You should add you PC specs to your profile as this makes it easier for others to help you.

I further suspect failed to read http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371 which says:

I updated my Spec list - Thanks for pointing it out.

As far as disabling the Q_FAN in the Asus Motherboard, that's only valid as far as I understand, if you connect radiator fans to the pump and plug pump into CPU_FAN. But in case you connect everything to the motherboard and the pump power to W_PUMP male pins, you don't want to do that.

As far as the last link, I do understand as I wasn't trying to run them at the first time concurrently (I figured they'd conflict if you run them at the same time). Also for most of the time, I only had the Corsair link and only installed the Asus AI Suite when I moved the radiator fans' power pins to the motherboard male pins for cpu_opt / cpu_fan and w_pump for pump power.

I actually have been reading quite a bit of posts searching this forum since last night, it seems the people who have this working (including a link you posted in one of the threads) to:

- connecting everything into the pump (radiator fans)

- connect pump power to cpu_fan male pins

- disabling cpu_fan in bios (as you mentioned here as well)

- uninstalling AI Suites altogether, or exit the app / kill its processes in task manager

- run Corsair Link only

I'll give this a shot next... thanks for your response.

So I went that route (connected everything to the pump) + disabled Q_FAN CPU and everything works now.

I went ahead and uninstalled AI Suite and the Asus tools as well and will just use Corsair link software from now on.

Thanks

Archived